<!--X-TopPNI-->

Date:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<a href="msg00089.html">Previous</a>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="msg00090.html">Next</a>
&nbsp;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thread:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<a href="msg00106.html">Previous</a>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="msg00089.html">Next</a>
&nbsp;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Index:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<A HREF="author.html#00088">Author</A>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<A HREF="#00088">Date</A>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<A HREF="thread.html#00088">Thread</A>
&nbsp;]

<!--X-TopPNI-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-->
<!--X-Subject-Header-Begin-->
<H1>[MUD-Dev] Summary: The "Extensible Game AI" thread</H1>
<HR>
<!--X-Subject-Header-End-->
<!--X-Head-of-Message-->
<UL>
<LI><em>To</em>: <A HREF="mailto:mud-dev#kanga,nu">mud-dev#kanga,nu</A></LI>
<LI><em>Subject</em>: [MUD-Dev] Summary: The "Extensible Game AI" thread</LI>
<LI><em>From</em>: J C Lawrence &lt;<A HREF="mailto:claw#under,engr.sgi.com">claw#under,engr.sgi.com</A>&gt;</LI>
<LI><em>Date</em>: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 11:33:22 -0700</LI>
<LI><em>Reply-To</em>: <A HREF="mailto:mud-dev#kanga,nu">mud-dev#kanga,nu</A></LI>
</UL>
<!--X-Head-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-Head-Body-Sep-Begin-->
<HR>
<!--X-Head-Body-Sep-End-->
<!--X-Body-of-Message-->
<PRE>

February 13, 1997

Hello Folks:

This is my best summary of the (rather long and rambling) "Extensible
Game AI" thread that ran over on comp.ai.games newsgroup throughout
December, 1996. This was one of the better threads (in my opinion) to
run on said newsgroup; a lot of excellent ideas were brought up, and
hopefully it will eventually lead to more games that permit user
modification of their AI.

If I missed any posts please let me know; the thread began as
"Warcraft 2" and rapidly split into three parallel and intermingling
threads (the other two beign "ExAI Security Issues" and "Extensible
Game AI"), so I may have missed something.

The posts are presented essentially as is, with some minor editing on
my part to trim out redundant .sigs, spelling errors, etc. I did leave
the first use of a given .sig in for the sake of individuality,
however. ;)

Here are the email addresses for those contributors that I have, in
case the reader wishes to follow up a comment or idea via
email. Again, my profound apologies if I've missed anybody; please let
me know.

     Carl D. Burke cburke#mitre,org
     Eric Dybsand edybs#ix,netcom.com
     Seth Golub seth#siesta,cs.wustl.edu
     Les Howie lhowie#novalis,ca
     Benton Jackson benton#bitstream,net
     Doc O'Leary droleary#alpha,temporal.org
     Scott R Lenser s-lenser#coewl,cen.uiuc.edu
     Keith M. Lucas sillywiz#excession,demon.co.uk
     Darrin Robert O'leary olearydr#freenet,msp.mn.us
     Glen Miner gminer#Newbridge,COM
     Andrae Muys ccamuys#dingo,cc.uq.oz.au
     Russell Penney rpenney#cyberspace,net.au
     Bradley Richards bradley#ai-lab,fh-furtwangen.de
     Gerry Quinn gerryq#indigo,ie
     Asbj rn bheid#sn,no
     Sunir Shah sshah#intranet,ca
     Nigel Sim Nigel_Sim#msn,com
     Nate Trost nctrost#pobox,com
     (unknown) tallent1#airmail,net
     Mike White mykey#geocities,com
     Bernd Wolff bwolff#newswire,de
     Steven Woodcock Swoodcoc#cris,com

Enjoy!

Steve

   This thread began when Nigel Sim posted a simple question regarding
the possibility of modifying the AI in Warcraft 2....