15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 101st comment:
Votes: 0
Erh, some would argue that ROM is already a mess. Now, turning ROM into a pile of fish, that's a challenge.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 102nd comment:
Conner said:
:lol: I encountered a few of those.. I disabused them of those notions by showing them my todo list and offering to help them if they could help me.

But it never works…
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 103rd comment:
While I hate to discourage new mud admins, there are some we're all better off without.

Yes, very true.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 104th comment:
Midboss said:
Erh, some would argue that ROM is already a mess. Now, turning ROM into a pile of fish, that's a challenge.
:lol: Aye, that would be interesting to see.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 105th comment:
Dragona said:
Conner said:
:lol: I encountered a few of those.. I disabused them of those notions by showing them my todo list and offering to help them if they could help me.

But it never works…
Bah, it worked perfectly, didn't get anything done for me, but did free me up to work on my own problems a bit. :lol:
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 106th comment:
Yes it would. But maybe we should get back on topic? I believe the topic here is mud listings. So how about an option for whether or not your MUD's code can be converted to a pile of fish in an emergency?
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 107th comment:
Midboss said:
Yes it would. But maybe we should get back on topic? I believe the topic here is mud listings. So how about an option for whether or not your MUD's code can be converted to a pile of fish in an emergency?

I'm really inclined to think that'd be more of a feature you'd throw into your mud listing description rather than a full blown category. :wink:
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 108th comment:
Good point. But seriously, how about an extended option set for what determines skills and abilities? Mine uses equipment to determine your stat growth and abilities, which isn't an option anywhere.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 109th comment:
Now that's pretty unique, but an option to specify extended skills/abilities and such isn't a bad suggestion.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 110th comment:
Conner said:
Bah, it worked perfectly, didn't get anything done for me, but did free me up to work on my own problems a bit. :lol:

I suppose that is true… :wink:
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 111th comment:
Midboss said:

ROFL Let me at it… I can make it soon it will not boot… is that a pile of fish?
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 112th comment:
Midboss said:
Good point. But seriously, how about an extended option set for what determines skills and abilities? Mine uses equipment to determine your stat growth and abilities, which isn't an option anywhere.

Like an 'other' option, where you can type in what extras you have?
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 113th comment:
Dragona said:
Midboss said:

ROFL Let me at it… I can make it soon it will not boot… is that a pile of fish?
Nah, fish still flop when taken out of the water, but swim nicely when submerged.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 114th comment:
Dragona said:
Midboss said:

Like an 'other' option, where you can type in what extras you have?

That could work.. Samson/Davion?
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 115th comment:
Yeah, other options where you can type a brief description would be good for just about every field. Perhaps even theme?
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 116th comment:
Just have to have some sort of limit on it, I would think, so that some don't get completly carried away with it…
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 117th comment:
Midboss said:
Yeah, other options where you can type a brief description would be good for just about every field. Perhaps even theme?

Only drawback to that would be that it'd make it harder to categorize listed muds if every field was a fill it in yourself.
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 118th comment:
I'm under the impression that new submissions to the list would have to be approved first, and have even volunteered ealier in the thread to help with that, so that might not be much of an issue.
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 119th comment:
Actually, I was thinking more like an _exact_ theme could be entered, a more vague Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Anime/Video Game theme would still need to be selected. Then if people want to search an exact theme they enter it into the listing search engine.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 120th comment:
well not every field but a few field that you can select other for and fill in what you what for that field… maybe 3 fields… and you have to decide what other info you really want others to know
100.0/143