15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 81st comment:
Votes: 0
Dragona said:
Conner said:
Yeah, but I think right now they're really after folks who can fix the bugs, most of us can create new ones…

Oh drat… Well then how about we fixgure out how to add this new command in, so that it will be ready for Remcon to bebug in the morning? :P

Fine dear, but I don't think there'll be much for him to 'bebug' if we manage to figure out the basics of it.
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 82nd comment:
Now I'm curious. So…what kinda command?
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 83rd comment:
I just got done going through all of our areas and setting limits on objects… Now I want a command that will 'fix' a player when they log on and set all the objects index values… I want it to go through everything that the player has and set v0 - v3 to match the index values…
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 84th comment:
Conner said:
Fine dear, but I don't think there'll be much for him to 'bebug' if we manage to figure out the basics of it.

If that is the case then GOOD… We won't need him this time…
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 85th comment:
Doesn't sound too hard. Just a loop through the player's inventory, then if the value doesn't equal the index value, set it to the index value. I should probably add something like that to my MUD just in case, thanks for the idea.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 86th comment:
Midboss said:
Doesn't sound too hard. Just a loop through the player's inventory, then if the value doesn't equal the index value, set it to the index value. I should probably add something like that to my MUD just in case, thanks for the idea.
The problem I'm having is deciding how to approach determining whether or not this person needs to be 'fixed'.. I've a few players who'd take offense at being improperly fixed…
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 87th comment:
If it's a command, that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you know someone who has an item that shouldn't be 'fixed', just hold it for them while you fix the rest of the inventory?
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 88th comment:
Midboss said:
If it's a command, that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you know someone who has an item that shouldn't be 'fixed', just hold it for them while you fix the rest of the inventory?

That actually makes more sense than I was expecting to find here tonight.. um, wait, did I mean that that way? *shrug*
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 89th comment:
No offense taken. I don't seem like the type to ever make sense, do I? I like it that way though. I seem incredibly intelligent when people expect me to be an idiot.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 90th comment:
Midboss said:
No offense taken. I don't seem like the type to ever make sense, do I? I like it that way though. I seem incredibly intelligent when people expect me to be an idiot.
While I can personally neither deny nor confirm that fact, I really meant that I wasn't expecting more than a bit of playful posting here at this hour. :wink:
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 91st comment:
Conner said:
The problem I'm having is deciding how to approach determining whether or not this person needs to be 'fixed'.. I've a few players who'd take offense at being improperly fixed…

Well I think you can take part of it from the death trap immune thing… at least the part that goes through the inventory…
Where to go from there I don't know… *shrug*
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 92nd comment:
Yeah, if you have a flag you set on all quest rewards or special items (such as a flag to prevent loss at death), check for that and all should be well.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 93rd comment:
Midboss said:

But what items should not be fixed? If we set it to only fix v0, v1, v2, and v3 then it will not change v5 which goes with sharpen and enchant… What would need to be held out?
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 94th comment:
Conner said:
While I can personally neither deny nor confirm that fact, I really meant that I wasn't expecting more than a bit of playful posting here at this hour. :wink:

Ahh but we got something useful out of it… It is all a plus… :smile:
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 95th comment:
Fine, we'll go search the code and figure out which values need to not get changed. *sigh*
Playtime's over I suppose.
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 96th comment:
Just don't loop all the way to v5. No big deal.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 97th comment:
Midboss said:
Yeah, if you have a flag you set on all quest rewards or special items (such as a flag to prevent loss at death), check for that and all should be well.

It is actually coded in not to purge certain vnums on DTs…
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 98th comment:
Midboss said:
Just don't loop all the way to v5. No big deal.

Well, actually, in smaug, for what we've got in mind, it's really probably just going to be a matter of establishing the for loop with a case switch for item type and then setting v0, v1, v2, & v3 (accordingly) on each item to their prototype/index values.
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 99th comment:
Yeah, I don't know much about SMAUG. When I first got into running MUDs I tried it and didn't like it, so I stuck with QuickMUD and learned to code from poking that with a stick repeatedly.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 100th comment:
Conner said:
Well, actually, in smaug, for what we've got in mind, it's really probably just going to be a matter of establishing the for loop with a case switch for item type and then setting v0, v1, v2, & v3 (accordingly) on each item to their prototype/index values.

Ok from the sound of that you know how to do it then?
80.0/119