08 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Since there isn't an "archive suggestion" thread I thought I would post it here.

While I know its important not to be copying another site too much, but I think it really would be handy to be able to browse the Code Repository within the snippet folders into categories.

Especially with ROM already up to 74 snippets, that might make browsing for some difficult. Maybe not have individual folders for each snippet category, but perhaps at least sort them according to predefined categories so if someone is looking for a mob related snippet, they don't have to wade through a list of player oriented ones, etc.
08 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 42nd comment:
That sounds like a good idea to me.
09 Jun, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 43rd comment:
Alternatively you could sort by author if an author has 10+ snippets, they get their own folder thing
09 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 44th comment:
I'm just really hoping that some sort of category based sorting is available at some point. Author would be pretty cool too. I don't know how complicated it would be, but it would even be neater if, like in a folder in windows or something, you could choose what the items are sorted by.
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 45th comment:
I was actually about to suggest some form of sorting/search by author myself. The exact mechanics of it don't matter much to me, but being able to hunt down my own snippets instantly so I can check things out and leave comments when I get word of a bug or realize I forgot something is something I'd really like to see.
10 Jun, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 46th comment:
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 47th comment:
Oh… neat.
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 48th comment:
Well, I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.
10 Jun, 2006, Justice wrote in the 49th comment:
Was thinking that it'd be nice to have a "Design" forum to handle things like the combat topic. The "coding discussion" section categorizes by mudbase, would be nice to have a more general section for things that are either programming concepts or systems not specific to any codebase.
10 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 50th comment:
Updated the recent posts box on the right. It should now lead you to the newest post in each topic - keep in mind though this will take time before it completely works right. As new posts are made ( like this one ) the links will adjust properly.

As far as suggestions for other forums, a design forum is a great idea and will be added shortly. If anyone has other suggestions go ahead and reply again. Even if you've scattered those suggestions earlier in the thread. In fact, better idea - I'll start a new thread on the subject.
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 51st comment:
You rock, Samson!
10 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 52nd comment:
I'll second Hades_Kane's sentiments there. ;)
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 53rd comment:
….suck up.

Just kidding :p
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 54th comment:
Heh, well it is quite an improvement, to say the least.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 55th comment:
Hey Samson, any chance we can add an upload counter to profiles like the post counter? No reason to bother with the per day aspect, but since we've got a top uploaders to go with the top posters, why not also reflect that in the profile? Maybe even have a sort on the member list by uploads as well as posts?
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 56th comment:
Oh, speaking of that, how about an option in a member's profile to search for their posts and uploads? Seperately, of course.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 57th comment:
Conner said:
Hey Samson, any chance we can add an upload counter to profiles like the post counter? No reason to bother with the per day aspect, but since we've got a top uploaders to go with the top posters, why not also reflect that in the profile? Maybe even have a sort on the member list by uploads as well as posts?

That would be cool :wink:
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 58th comment:
Midboss said:
Oh, while speaking of that, how about an option in a member's profile to search for their posts and uploads? Seperately, of course.

Actually, that'd be pretty cool too.. though I think it'd be even neater to see you set it up so that you can search both at once.. :lol:
15 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 59th comment:
I suppose both at once wouldn't be too bad. Though the implementation for both seperately would be much quicker.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 60th comment:
Watch out what you ask for… They might make you figure out how to add it… :smile:
40.0/119