09 Jul, 2011, Ssolvarain wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
SudoNym said:
Thank you Tyche, unfortunately that one seems too be dead at the moment.

Looks like an operational ftp page to me.
09 Jul, 2011, melopene wrote in the 22nd comment:
SudoNym said:
melopene, You really go out of your way in pointing out how utterly futile trying to get a straight answer out of this forum might be. Just because you decided it's okay to flame and threadjack doesn't mean the entire mud community does. You probably just don't see them because they avoid you like typhoid mary. Do you really need to know my shoe size to point out a website? No. Do you really think I need to have a specific want to look through code and go 'hey this is nice'. No I don't. I'm telling you my mud is irrelevant to my interests in the code others have written. I don't care if the site hosts code for RoT, RoM, Merc, Diku, LP, or any other MUD code base. I appreciate a well implemented Idea, and a well written piece of C. And yes I used you as an example of a mixed response. Sorry if that hurt your feelings, next time I'll put my little kid gloves on. You are making many assumptions. You assume that I'll be using the code I find and therefore it's relation to my mud matters. You assume I'm new to the mud community. Littlehorn assumes that I haven't noted that RoT is based on RoM. I assume you have ADHD melopene since you can't understand basic concepts. Can we all assume that I'm looking for what I asked for? Do something like that and I will be polite and gracious. I'll thank anyone who provides a useful response.

Oh wow, I needed that laugh and the copypasta. 7/10 for the troll, too. You should be proud :)
09 Jul, 2011, SudoNym wrote in the 23rd comment:
Ssolvarain said:
SudoNym said:
Thank you Tyche, unfortunately that one seems too be dead at the moment.

Looks like an operational ftp page to me.

It's probably just one more of the joys of using cellular Internet. Maybe it'll work for me later.
09 Jul, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 24th comment:
Muds are also dying because off too many of them, like Linux on the desktop.
Hell I do not know if the mud I code on has anything another don't have. I just code for the sake of forgeting my own life. Because drinking is more expensive.
As a player I found this mud (Arcane) was way ahead of other at the time, but nowadays ? I have no idea. Maybe it still is maybe it is not.
But when I see some questions in the forums like 'how do I implement 'insert the most basic question here' I wonder: why oh the hell why….Especially picking some of the buggiest totally obsolete codebase to start.
I mean reviving a dead mud, ok, but creating a NEW one ? When you don't even know how to code basic stuff in the first place ?
Market fragmentation does not help at all. Especially in a niche market.
20.0/24