09 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Could be, hard to tell with text. If so she can clarify.
09 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 62nd comment:
Anyhow, I certainly agree that at least one part of the conversation should cease now if we're going to start calling women the "domesticated" segment of the population.
09 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 63rd comment:
David, as much as what Scandum says is generally offensive to many people, I can't assume he was making a direct reference to women being "domesticated humans". That seems like a bit of a leap, even for him. I think the "domesticated humans" was referring more generally to the usual slime of humanity we find on the internet in general.
09 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 64th comment:
It seemed pretty clear to me that he was saying that women enjoy the strict rules, and therefore if you want to attract them – i.e. "domesticated humans" – you need strict rules. I'll freely admit that I'm going off of (a very large pile of) previous incidents to support this reasoning. Scandum is of course very welcome to clarify what he meant, and I hope he will do so.
09 Apr, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 65th comment:
David Haley said:
Scandum said:
There is however the problem that there is a decent percentage of players, often women, who enjoy strict regulations, it gives them a sense of safety and security. So it makes sense to put in some harsh words about harassment and stuff like that if you want to attract domesticated humans.

(Emphasis mine.) I don't care if you're trolling or not, but you are utterly crass with comments like the above. This kind of statement is disgusting.

This is the second time I've been scrolling down reading a thread where a post by Scandum caused me to guffaw and almost spew coffee on my monitor. The first was something about coding like a girl. And the second time where you've been "disgusted". No, it's really hilarious. I called the "domesticated" one over to read it here and she thought it was funny too. Lighten up.
09 Apr, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 66th comment:
I woke my wife up to ask her what she thought but she just yelled at me for waking her up. I don't think she has been properly domesticated. =P
09 Apr, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 67th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
I woke my wife up to ask her what she thought but she just yelled at me for waking her up. I don't think she has been properly domesticated. =P

The truth is… well… I'm not exactly sure who domesticated who here either. ;-)
09 Apr, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 68th comment:
Yeah really. I guess I must enjoy strict regulation.
09 Apr, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 69th comment:
Of course I didn't show her Cratylus's "shitting dick nipples" though. She's more sensitive to genuine misogyny than I am.
09 Apr, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 70th comment:
Tyche said:
Of course I didn't show her Cratylus's "shitting dick nipples" though. She's more sensitive to genuine misogyny than I am.

LOL! It's like an upside down world! Scandum is funny and I'm the bad guy!
09 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 71st comment:
Jokes like these are more amusing when told by people you truly know don't actually believe the underlying idea. So Tyche, you will forgive me if past events don't give me that faith in this case and I therefore fail to find Scandum's repeated sexism and racism terribly amusing.
09 Apr, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 72nd comment:
David Haley said:
So Tyche, you will forgive me if past events don't give me that faith in this case and I therefore fail to find Scandum's repeated sexism and racism terribly amusing.

I'm neither racist nor sexist. I think your political correctness is getting in the way of both rational thought and enjoying a joke. You're lucky I'm confident with my sexuality, so you can keep humping my leg.
09 Apr, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 73rd comment:
Scandum said:
I'm neither racist nor sexist.

LOL!

Scandum said:
I think your political correctness is getting in the way of both rational thought and enjoying a joke. You're lucky I'm confident with my sexuality, so you can keep humping my leg.

I'm pretty sure your humor depends on deliberate provocation…which pretty much requires
him to take your bait as he has. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
09 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 74th comment:
I'm well aware that Tyche at least is just trolling, as was Scandum in his most recent post. Not sure if that makes this behavior any more acceptable.
09 Apr, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 75th comment:
David Haley said:
Not sure if that makes this behavior any more acceptable.

Ich habe gehort dass alle Deutschen haben einen schweinehund, hast du einen?
09 Apr, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 76th comment:
I'm going to conclude at this point, since Scandum has degenerated
into nonsense, that he's done with whatever point he might have had.

I'm going to be totally straight with you guys here, I'm a little
disappointed that he chose to just be a froth-at-the-mouth troll
about this thing. Perhaps he can't help being a troll no matter
what the to...
…that would be sad. But I'd like to make an invitation.

I think there may be folks out there who have real concerns about
the IMC rules. I personally think they're fine, but maybe there's
something I haven't considered, and something that really bears
consideration.

Please don't allow Scandum's behavior to make you afraid to
criticize the rules…and I don't mean "they suck" I mean provide
comments that could lead to making them better.

This doesn't make you be on "his side". Consider his lunacy to be
behind us. You won't be jumped on just because you disagree with
something in them.

The tragedy of moronic behavior like we've seen from him is that
it tends to make people with an actual point reticent to share,
if they fear they'll be mixed up with his foolishness.

I think we're (mostly) mature enough here not to make that error.
Please don't let Scandum deter you from speaking up.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net

EDIT: just in case there's confusion on this point, I know what he was
trying to say in German…the message is not gibberish to me. The
points he's been making in the past few posts are what I'm
referring to as nonsense.
09 Apr, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 77th comment:
David Haley said:
I'll go out on a limb of my own and say that I don't think Sandi was agreeing with Scandum, but saying that he defeated his own argument.

We have a winner!

And it was prompted by reading the first page, jumping to the 4th page, and finding David repeating himself. I figured there wasn't much of interest in the middle, and little point to continuing.

Now, I think I see what's going on, and I was trying to describe it to MacGregor last night. We don't have "problem players" on our game, and this is the reason - we troll the trolls. And, we laugh at them. Fight fire with fire, as they say. (I don't think that was said by a Fireman, though.)

Thing is, though, I take Scandum and Tyche seriously when I read between the lines, and I often agree with their 'position', if not their 'poison it' attitude. (neat word play there) The real irony, I think, is both are trying to envision a world where they'd fit in, and are working on the premise, "If everybody where like me, then…." but truth is, if everyonewaslike them, I think they'd still feel compelled to be different and make a lot of noise about it.
11 Apr, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 78th comment:
Sandi said:
Now, I think I see what's going on, and I was trying to describe it to MacGregor last night. We don't have "problem players" on our game, and this is the reason - we troll the trolls. And, we laugh at them. Fight fire with fire, as they say. (I don't think that was said by a Fireman, though.)

Thing is, though, I take Scandum and Tyche seriously when I read between the lines, and I often agree with their 'position', if not their 'poison it' attitude. (neat word play there)

Oh I don't think there's a heck of difference between fighting fire with fire or poison with poison. I've used sarcasm, hyperbole, and sometimes attack the premise behind the arguments if it seems productive to do so when dealing with trolls. And just as often I also ignore them. The only premise I'm working on is we enjoy working on muds. If someone wants to advance an agenda that has nothing to do with muds, and they get criticized, flamed or made fun of, well that's just too bad isn't it? Well it ought be just that I think. However, the problem is if someone running a mud forum/network wants to turn political/cultural/religious differences into a ban fest, that's not a productive thing. That's my opinion, and I suspect that's one position (maybe the only one), that Scandum and I share.

Sandi said:
The real irony, I think, is both are trying to envision a world where they'd fit in, and are working on the premise, "If everybody where like me, then…." but truth is, if everyonewaslike them, I think they'd still feel compelled to be different and make a lot of noise about it.

As near I can figure I'm pretty atypical of about 23% of Americans as a whole. Why should anyone be shocked, suprised or even offended that one of the millions who keep Rush Limbaugh #1 on radio, Bill O'Reilly #1 on cable, and Ann Coulter #1 on book lists happens to mud? Rather than speculate that I feel compelled to be different, one might speculate why there ain't more like me?

Okay I know the answer… we're stupid, and it was just an accident of nature I happened to figure it out. ;-P
11 Apr, 2009, Guest wrote in the 79th comment:
Tyche said:
As near I can figure I'm pretty atypical of about 23% of Americans as a whole. Why should anyone be shocked, suprised or even offended that one of the millions who keep Rush Limbaugh #1 on radio, Bill O'Reilly #1 on cable, and Ann Coulter #1 on book lists happens to mud? Rather than speculate that I feel compelled to be different, one might speculate why there ain't more like me?

There's probably a lot more than you know. They're probably just not as outspoken as some of us are.
11 Apr, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 80th comment:
Tyche said:
However, the problem is if someone running a mud forum/network wants to turn political/cultural/religious differences into a ban fest, that's not a productive thing.

Oh, that would definitely be interesting. Could you point me to the forum where people are talking about doing that? I'm sure it would make for entertaining reading.

This has nothing to do with anybody's political views. People are seeing a huge haystack where there are really just a few straws that have been here forever anyhow. Not sure why people are blowing this way out of proportion into some giant Vast Left/Right/Center/Outfield Conspiracy to Silence the Moral/Political/Religious Opposition.
60.0/107