19 May, 2017, SlySven wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I was seeking justification for adding a couple of visual effects that Mudlet does not currently "support" and I was wondering (and seeking usage data for various ANSI Codes - particularly the Set Graphics Rendering sub-set of the Command Sequence Introducer codes {"␛ntroducer codes {"␛[#m" where # is one (or more semi-colon [or in one case colon] separated) number(s)}. So, apart from Bold/Italic/Underline what other codes are people using… Strike-through, Inverse, Over-line, (Slow and/or Fast) Blink, others?

P.S. This forum does not seem to like the Unicode Command Picture glyph that I used in the above to represent the ASCII ESC code. [sm]scared[/sm]
24 May, 2017, Rhien wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 0
Inverse and blink for me.
07 Jul, 2017, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
Votes: 0
A few years back, I rewrote the color handling system for an LPMUD mudlib, so you could switch your terminal type on the fly and have the in-game colors adapt to the closest fit for the target terminal.

For example, if you used the X windows color name "OliveGreen", and you were on a terminal that supported xterm-256 color (many PC emulators do), you'd get a color that was pretty close to that olive green color you'd see on a full 24-bit display. If you were on a plain ANSI terminal, it would map down to non-bold green.

As an added bonus for the color blind, I added a subset of the xterm-256 that only used the shades of grey, so any color would map to the appropriate brightness greyscale. Of course, the terminal has to support xterm-256, but it was pretty simple to do.

A few links… this giant file is generated by a small perl script, but if you just wanted to see the color mappings, here's the place to look:


The script that generates that mess: https://github.com/quixadhal/bloodlines/...

For the details of how the translations work, you'll need to paw through the terminal handling of the mudlib, which is probably mostly useful for other LPMUD people. It's in the same repository. You could adapt the technique for anything else, of course. My DikuMUD uses something similar.