10 Jul, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Was talking to a friend about Fido-Con and MUD-Con and he asked if I knew if Davion had any future plans to run MUD-CON again. I figured posting here to ask if he did and if so approximately when was likely the fastest way to find out (sure a PM would have worked, but this way it's also a fast way to possibly judge how many people would be interested in attending one if one was held again.
10 Jul, 2008, Caius wrote in the 2nd comment:
I've never actually attended any of the old mud-cons, but I would love to do so.
10 Jul, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 3rd comment:
Well, I don't see why we can't have one in September or October, (Need time for development for games and such), If Davion is willing we can use the last Mud-Con codebase, and just modify it to change up the games and such, make it more fun for this one, Id attend one if we had one, I also wouldnt mind helping deleop parts of it.
10 Jul, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 4th comment:
make it more fun for this one

The last one was plenty of fun, in fact somehow it even stayed friendly with Kyndig there, which shocked me.
10 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
Is this something attended in person like other conferences, or is it all online? What do these involve? Never been to one either (obviously :tongue:)…
10 Jul, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 6th comment:
Online, Davion created a custom codebase for the last one with the aim of making it as user friendly for as many people as possible. Essentially a bunch of developers on a mud conversing (sure we do that on forums, but on a mud communication is a lot faster and more fluid, as well as having a specific date for something means more people show up and are in the discussions).
11 Jul, 2008, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Don't forget the ever important detail that all the chatter on the various channels involved was logged and later posted to the web for review of the ideas presented and such. As for it having stayed friendly despite Kyndig's surprise appearance, the tells that flew around that night more than made up for it…
11 Jul, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 8th comment:
As for it having stayed friendly despite Kyndig's surprise appearance, the tells that flew around that night more than made up for it…

Odd, I didn't even know there was a tell channel, heh.
11 Jul, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 9th comment:
Awesome idea. Let's do it! :D

If it's needed, I can offer one of my spare ports off the server my game's running on.
11 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 10th comment:
The MudCon Asylumius and I ran a couple years back took a tremendous amount of time and energy, both of which I'm short on these days ;). I have been considering running one summer/fall of next year, but I have to wait till January to see how much time I'll have to dedicate to the project. I still have all the logs from the last one though… I should put those up somewhere on MudBytes.
11 Jul, 2008, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
Davion said:
I still have all the logs from the last one though… I should put those up somewhere on MudBytes.

I entirely agree, you should! :smile:
26 Jul, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 12th comment:
I seem to remember going to a mud-con 5 or 6 years ago and had a blast. I'd definately attend another if i have the time available. For some reason i'm also remembering an online radio station that went along with the mud-con but that could just be a figment of my imagination, my memory is shot all to hell.
07 Aug, 2008, Markov_AU wrote in the 13th comment:
I believe I attended the first or second one, I forget off the top of my head though
0.0/13