05 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I find it rather ironic that here I am trying to go back to what July 4th is really about, and discuss the history upon which our nation was built, and not just fireworks and corny video, and there you are claiming to be a "real" patriot and accusing me of being some kind of joker. It is also unclear to me why you have the merit of "speaking up" about your patriotism but I do not, given that I spoke up first… Oh well, I guess you will never see anything but anti-Americanism through your lenses. :sigh: Well, you can be grumpy in your corner. I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the NYC celebrations tonight. :smile:

Davion said:
Why would they leave when they can just whine and complain and get what ever they want? :P

Well, that's what the French think in any case. They always found it rather amusing when Quebec wanted to leave – it makes no sense. And it's not as if France wants it either… :wink:

$80mil seems a bit steep, though…
05 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 22nd comment:
DavidHaley said:
Oh well, I guess you will never see anything but anti-Americanism through your lenses. :sigh: Well, you can be grumpy in your corner. I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the NYC celebrations tonight. :smile:

I call it like I see it. You've never liked that about me and it's always given me a great chuckle when you start backpedaling to get out of the situations you create by making snide remarks to begin with. I find it equally ironic that not two posts ago you were chiding me for distorting your words and you return the favor by doing the very same thing. If that makes us both hypocrites, then so be it.

As I said, the holiday means different things to different people. Attacking Zenn for posting a video that honors the military might that gave us this nation to begin with seems like nothing more than a cheap shot to me. I've been witness to more disrespect toward our country and our military by our own people than you'll likely ever know. So it irks the hell out of me to drop in and see someone post something in honor of them and see it immediately set upon for not conforming to what's supposed to be "normal". Take away from this what you will.

And by all means, go enjoy yourself and whatever celebrations you've got planned. That is after all why we fought for what we have - so you can go and do exactly that and not have to worry about it.
05 Jul, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 23rd comment:
this is out of hand.

locked.
20.0/23