27 Jun, 2008, Conner wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Mabus said:
Kline said:
You SMAUG people pretty well set up shop here

Imagine how us poor little CoffeeMud folks feel!

You know, you guys (gender independent reference…) could resolve that issue entirely by yourselves if you wanted to, and uploading a few goodies for those bases might even help encourage others to post what they have/find too. :wink:
Otherwise, we SMAUG people do what we can where we can. :tongue:

DavidHaley said:
There is a problem with diluting a community when code is shared. …

(Sorry for the huge snip, but being it's the post right before this one, I didn't think I needed to quote the whole thing.) This is a very valid point, and quite applicable to this thread in particular. I fully agree that niche sites have their place and serve a much needed purpose, I also fully support the idea of each mud owner establishing a site for their own mud, but when it comes to a whole code base, sometimes the base specific niche site really only serves to add yet another place to have to check for potentially missed patches. :sad:
28 Jun, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 22nd comment:
I actually just gave the site's theme a complete facelift. It's not so blinding anymore.

And more Star Wars-y
28 Jun, 2008, Mabus wrote in the 23rd comment:
Conner said:
You know, you guys (gender independent reference…) could resolve that issue entirely by yourselves if you wanted to, and uploading a few goodies for those bases might even help encourage others to post what they have/find too. :wink:

I seem to do most of my coding for my own game, and (secondly) for the people that contact me through IM's (and email). Most of it is rather specialized (for specific games). I am asked to solve a specific request, and when I do I transfer the code directly to the person making the request.

I would be willing to upload code here, but not sure that many (even within the CM community) would find most of it useful.
28 Jun, 2008, Conner wrote in the 24th comment:
Wait, are you saying that a snippet has to be useful to others?!? :surprised::lol:
I was just suggesting that you could resolve the issue yourselves… sort of like Amnesty International used to say, as their advertising slogan, "it's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." :cool:
20.0/24