12 May, 2008, Asylumius wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Which MUDs do you play?

Having played the same MUD (as a player, not an Imm) for years, I'm wondering which MUDs you guys play, for how long, etc?

So..

Where do you play?
What's it like? How long as it been around?
Are you a player? Immortal? Both?
What's so great about it?

I'm looking for more of an insight into where people game and why than a "plug your codebase" response, but anything is welcome.

I play a MUD called CarrionFields. It's a dozen or so years old now. It's the first MUD I played and, IMHO, offers more depth and genuine RP than any other game I've found. 100% in-character (no OOC channels, etc) and a huge map of crazily detailed, well thought out areas, as well as a challenging (though sometimes upsetting) PK setting keep me interested.
13 May, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 2nd comment:
I play a few good MUDs. Galactic Insights, which is a really nice, feature-rich, older SWR. Then there's Legends of the Jedi, which is probably one of the most advanced..

And of course, my MUD. =P
13 May, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
The last MUD I played for any stretch of time, besides any I was working on, would be Ivalice.

However, after about 40 levels and a few weeks of mostly auto-questing, it got boring and I stopped, only occasionally popping in to see what types of changes or progress its made.

Generally any playing I did there was me and a few of my immortals taking a break from working on our game to play someone elses.
13 May, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
Way too many video games coming out recently (GTA4, etc) to play MUDs. Only thing I've played recently is EoT.
13 May, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 5th comment:
Zeno said:
Only thing I've played recently is EoT.

Woot!

Kinda funny though, because I'm having the opposite experience. I've recently bought both Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii and have only played both of them one time each because I find it difficult to find time to play it without cutting significantly into the free time I use to work on EoT :p
14 May, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
Played Realms of Despair from shortly after it's creation. Had an Imm for a while, learned to build there under Dominus. Retired and went back to playing after about a year of building. Left shortly after the shattering because I wasn't a fan of what it had become.

Uh.. I played Ancient Chaos after RoD. Mostly because I knew the owners and stuck around to give it some semblance of life after it started dying because of poor administrative choices.

And I play one called Unicorn Valley, It's been around a while, it still has a fairly active player base, with a lot of areas, some well thought out, others not so much.

And uh.. I work on mine. or try to anyway..
0.0/6