21 Apr, 2008, Darva wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been working on a small socketmud project. Basically converting socketmud to a mud driver, using lua to build a library. I've put a fair amount of work into it, and have just reached the point where I would like to get some feedback on it. However, I don't really have any place to host files, and it's certainly not ready enough to post it in the code repository, so I'm asking for suggestions on where I could post it.

As for the way the code work, it's a little different than any other mud driver i've seen. (Though my experience with drivers isn't the deepest.) Once you log into the server you enter the game environment, if you have a high enough level you can move into what the driver refers to as the shell. It's not, of course, a real shell, but instead a very simple simulated file system that can be used to edit the .lua code, reload it, create new files, etc.

I've kept to the barebone philosophy of socketmud, including only as much as is basically necessary, in fact, in the actual game portion, there is only one command that doesn't exist in stock socketmud, shell.

At current i'm still working to refine the security of the lua sandbox, and I definatly need to redo the entirety of the code that allows saving data from lua. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do with it.
21 Apr, 2008, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
I see no reason why you can't add it to our repository! It lets the code be viewed online, has a bug tracker and a fully functional comment board! Might be more useful than you think!
21 Apr, 2008, Darva wrote in the 3rd comment:
You have a point I suppose. I've uploaded it under the socketmud branch in the code repository, it is, of course, awaiting approval.
22 Apr, 2008, Tommi wrote in the 4th comment:
If you want somewhere to host your project, you can have full use of my server, i am away with work and for the next 3 to 4 months have exactly 1/2 hour o f dial up access per day. Email me if you would like to take me up on this offer.
23 Apr, 2008, Darva wrote in the 5th comment:
I'm not really looking for a place to host it, other than making the files available so as to (hopefully) get some feedback. Since there's no actual mud there, just a barebone server, and one not really ready for use yet.
03 May, 2008, Darva wrote in the 6th comment:
I've put up a website of my own to host the code for Socketmud:Lua, and after the next release I'll be running a demonstration copy of the code at that address as well. The website is absurdly simple, but then, i'm not an html person at all.

The address is entropic-dreams.com
0.0/6