19 Aug, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Yeah, there needs to be more muds with stobeing colours and a atarting area called MIDDLEGUARD LOL Lobotomy.
19 Aug, 2008, Caius wrote in the 62nd comment:
The_Fury said:
DavidHaley said:
Yay for thread necromancy, to state that what matters is 50%, but actually 75%! :wink:

Can we breath new life into this rotten corpse. I put it to you that the precise figures are 51 and 76% respectively. LOL And we all know that heavily modified means new colours and the addition of 26 new races all with the exact same bonuses, the changing of the welcoming screen, editing the wiz list and the renaming of Midgaard to something fantasy sounding and lastly moving a few exits in the merc mud school and editing the newbie gear to have alternate colours to induce an epileptic episode in those predisposed with said affliction.

What?! Unless you've changed the default prompt you're definitely stock no matter what!
19 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 63rd comment:
No, the EXACT parameters are 49% and 59.19234125899%. Plus tax.
19 Aug, 2008, tphegley wrote in the 64th comment:
Caius said:
What?! Unless you've changed the default prompt you're definitely stock no matter what!

Sweet, I've changed my default prompt. I'm no longer stock!
19 Aug, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 65th comment:
in my opinion, you are no logner stock when you have rewritten over 50% of the original code, and added atleast 80% of it is your own code, otherwise yer a snippet-stock! ;)

or you write your own MUD, thats when yer truely original.
19 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 66th comment:
DavidHaley said:
I think we need to spend another 50 posts debating this topic some more!

:devil:

I think you're right. Only 34 posts to go!
19 Aug, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 67th comment:
Zenn said:

Is that Tax GST/VAT or some other consumption tax at a fixed rate, or is it some kind of marginal tax scale dependent on how many new races you have added, how many classes you have renamed and zones that have been re-arranged?
20 Aug, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 68th comment:
However, you can get a break to 47.3% and 55.8% if you roll your code into a CD, or other long-term archival investment.

How many more posts do we need to get an Epic drop?
20 Aug, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 69th comment:
yay i have post #69!!!

;)

ok, this is one hell ofa thread
20 Aug, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 70th comment:
Yes, it would be kind of nice if it just died and could rest in peace, without worrying about more dastardly necromancy… :wink:
20 Aug, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 71st comment:
David, you know id hate to meet you in real life, I get the feeling youd be one of those people thatd make me want to run into a brick wall :D, you OCD bastard!
20 Aug, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 72nd comment:
Err, thanks, I guess? :smirk:
20 Aug, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 73rd comment:
DavidHaley said:
Yes, it would be kind of nice if it just died and could rest in peace, without worrying about more dastardly necromancy… :wink:

But is it so much fun David, it is good to have something to giggle about between rounds on Combat Arms. There has been too much seriousness and now we need an outlet.
20 Aug, 2008, Conner wrote in the 74th comment:
Pedlar said:
David, you know id hate to meet you in real life, I get the feeling youd be one of those people thatd make me want to run into a brick wall :D, you OCD bastard!

*snickers quietly in the corner… before reading this:*
The_Fury said:
But is it so much fun David, it is good to have something to giggle about between rounds on Combat Arms. There has been too much seriousness and now we need an outlet.

*has to just laugh out loud*
20 Aug, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 75th comment:
Well atleast Conner is getting into the spirit.

You know, as an aside, i have been wanting to make an Alt name on all the boards and announce that im making an Olympics Bejing 2008 mud and require staff for all positions. I think ROM would be the best choice of codebase to use for this as it lends itself to lots of race class combos. There would of course be 205 races, 1 for each nation competing, classes would be Athlete, Trainer, Coach, Official, Communist Party Official and the like, there would be heaps of skills and mini games, like sprinting and shot putt.

Anyone else have any ideas to contribute to this game to help make it non stock. LOL.
20 Aug, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 76th comment:
My Beijing 2008 MUD would have a fake fireworks display at login, and even though you think the output is coming from the MUD, it'll actually be coming from somewhere else. Furthermore, it'll certify that it has been around for 16 years, even though last year it was only 14. Not that this has any basis in reality… of course. :wink:
20 Aug, 2008, Caius wrote in the 77th comment:
The_Fury said:
Zenn said:

Is that Tax GST/VAT or some other consumption tax at a fixed rate, or is it some kind of marginal tax scale dependent on how many new races you have added, how many classes you have renamed and zones that have been re-arranged?

No, it's what you get when you read some random memory in your new ub0rh4xx spiffy snippet:
ch_printf( "Spiffy: %s" );

It's not a bug; it's non-stock!
20 Aug, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 78th comment:
DavidHaley said:
My Beijing 2008 MUD would have a fake fireworks display at login, and even though you think the output is coming from the MUD, it'll actually be coming from somewhere else. Furthermore, it'll certify that it has been around for 16 years, even though last year it was only 14. Not that this has any basis in reality… of course. :wink:

Be careful about talking about anything politically sensitive, wouldn't want to see this thread locked before reaching 100 would we?
20 Aug, 2008, Guest wrote in the 79th comment:
Hades_Kane said:
DavidHaley said:

Be careful about talking about anything politically sensitive, wouldn't want to see this thread locked before reaching 100 would we?

Congratulations on being the reason for this being locked, well done. Next time keep the trolling to yourself.
60.0/79