03 Jun, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I don't know if its the new site/forum or whether I'm not a moderator anymore, but there's some spam that popped up and I tried deleting the threads and clicked on the user to see if I could delete the user (I'm assuming its a bot based on the nature of the posts) but I saw nothing that provided me the ability for that. This is the first time since the new site (and really, the first time in years) that I saw something here that would have warranted me attempting any moderation commands.

So… just throwing that out there.
04 Jun, 2016, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 1
It's both! There technically aren't any moderators on the new forum. I got rid of the spam, not sure why it took me that long to notice it. They've taken to hand making their accounts again to spam the server. It's a bit of a trick removing a topic right now. I've been blessed with no spam for the last few months to not really have to warrant looking into it, but it looks like I will.

I've been tweaking the querysets over the last little while to improve performance but not much beyond that. I'm still tweaking the search functions. They're almost done and should see them sooner rather than later. Despite the shortcomings of the new site, the server has yet to lockup w.r.t. MudBytes since the switch!
04 Jun, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
Davion said:
It's both! There technically aren't any moderators on the new forum. I got rid of the spam, not sure why it took me that long to notice it. They've taken to hand making their accounts again to spam the server. It's a bit of a trick removing a topic right now. I've been blessed with no spam for the last few months to not really have to warrant looking into it, but it looks like I will.

I've been tweaking the querysets over the last little while to improve performance but not much beyond that. I'm still tweaking the search functions. They're almost done and should see them sooner rather than later. Despite the shortcomings of the new site, the server has yet to lockup w.r.t. MudBytes since the switch!

21 Jul, 2016, SlySven wrote in the 4th comment:
I've recently discovered BotScout which has helped me with moderation of new users to the forums on the Mudlet site - though I do not have the ability to script in auto-magic testing of the new members that make it through the existing automated (including a captcha IIRC). I'm currently cleaning up 20-50 a month at the moment though it was worse a few months back - and not understanding Russian makes it a tad harder to be certain a first post from a new member isn't a Bot - but since I'm still chipping away at the issues for Utf8 support in Mudlet I do not think I would see too many users from that part of the World anyhow…! smartas
22 Jul, 2016, Pacifist03 wrote in the 5th comment:
Deleting of messages is not working.
0.0/5