01 Jun, 2007, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Google Analytics is definitely some good stuff, and while I'm still not entirely happy with their new interface, it did allow for some exporting of some cool data for those who like that sort of thing.

It tells us basically that we had over 44,000 hits, just over 12K of which were uniques. Which I think is pretty good considering how rocky our start was :)

Anyway, here's the files for those who want to see the details:
01 Jun, 2007, Dorian wrote in the 2nd comment:
Is there anything you can do about the filename text? It's black like the background.
01 Jun, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 3rd comment:
Done and done
01 Jun, 2007, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
Should have already been done and done, I changed the text color after noticing it turned black for me too.
01 Jun, 2007, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
Looks like it just needed a forced refresh to show up, but now it's nice and orange for me too.
01 Jun, 2007, Scandum wrote in the 6th comment:
Samson said:
Google Analytics is definitely some good stuff, and while I'm still not entirely happy with their new interface, it did allow for some exporting of some cool data for those who like that sort of thing.

It tells us basically that we had over 44,000 hits, just over 12K of which were uniques. Which I think is pretty good considering how rocky our start was :)

Looks like a nifty utility indeed. 44K hits is very low however, is there a steady increase in traffic?
01 Jun, 2007, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
It's been a pretty slow climb, but yes, we have been getting consistently better traffic as time goes by.

If 44K is low, what would you consider average?
01 Jun, 2007, Scandum wrote in the 8th comment:
Around 20K a month would be decent. A bigger, searchable, and maintainable MUD List would help with that I guess.
02 Jun, 2007, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
And I was thinking that an average of 4k per month for the first year wasn't bad at all.. 20k a month would be great, but you've got to give the site a chance to get known a bit too, don't you think? Besides, it's not really like it was really just under 4k/month, it was 252k page views over the course of that 11 month span that's covered in the files he's attached up there.

As for the mud list, it's growing as more muds get listed.. but what's not maintainable enough about it? (adding to the search options for it wouldn't hurt, but it is searchable in its own way currently.)
02 Jun, 2007, Davion wrote in the 10th comment:
02 Jun, 2007, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
Ah, you guys have added search options I hadn't seen yet.. so, even more so then, what's wrong with the mud listings, Scandum?
02 Jun, 2007, Scandum wrote in the 12th comment:
It's too basic and clumsy looking. The codebase tree is pretty nifty, but the other search options aren't useful.

If this was improved it'd become more attractive to both list and search for muds, not to mention it'd become worth linking for mud sites that are disillusioned with The IRE Connector.

I get around 15K hits a month with my retro mud client for geeks and other oddballs who dwell in the past, so 20K should be possible.
02 Jun, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 13th comment:
you didnt really mention how to improve it.
02 Jun, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 14th comment:
44k hits 12k of which were unique…so an average of about 4 pages per user?

Seems like alot people visit then leave, because I know I've visited this site alot…

Need to figure out how to get people to browse.
02 Jun, 2007, Scandum wrote in the 15th comment:
kiasyn said:
you didnt really mention how to improve it.

mudconnect.com/adv_search.html
02 Jun, 2007, Davion wrote in the 16th comment:
Scandum said:
I get around 15K hits a month with my retro mud client for geeks and other oddballs who dwell in the past, so 20K should be possible.

How long has your site been active? Do you recall the statistics you got in the first year?
Brinson said:

Content, content, content, then add new content every day. Not really a mystery ;). I should probably be adding articles/snippets daily, or spouting off about the article bbtag more often ;).
02 Jun, 2007, Scandum wrote in the 17th comment:
Davion said:
Scandum said:

How long has your site been active? Do you recall the statistics you got in the first year?

http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/det...

It's been getting decent hits from the beginning. A good google rating for the right keywords helps.

Davion said:
Brinson said:

Content, content, content, then add new content every day. Not really a mystery ;). I should probably be adding articles/snippets daily, or spouting off about the article bbtag more often ;).

Too much content isn't good either. The trick is to provide quality content that is well sorted and easy to search through. People come back for that. If it looks like a junkyard people will subconsciously classify it as such.
02 Jun, 2007, Davion wrote in the 18th comment:
Scandum said:
http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/det...
It's been getting decent hits from the beginning. A good google rating for the right keywords helps.

Your page loads are showing like 15k a month. We do 20-30k a month. And we get about 6 pages per view on a user (not 4, Brinson.) It still leaves much to be desired, but I think it's a good start. The banners are definitely getting their rotations ;)
02 Jun, 2007, Scandum wrote in the 19th comment:
Davion said:
Your page loads are showing like 15k a month. We do 20-30k a month. And we get about 6 pages per view on a user (not 4, Brinson.) It still leaves much to be desired, but I think it's a good start. The banners are definitely getting their rotations ;)

Ah, I thought Samson was talking pageviews instead of visitors. 20-30k is decent all things considered.
02 Jun, 2007, Conner wrote in the 20th comment:
That's why I pointed out that while there'd only been 44k visits in the 11 month period, it was also showing 252k page views in that period.
0.0/22