31 Dec, 2011, slapbass841984 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Well…I'm in the process of coding on a Star Wars codebase me and some friends made. I'm having a bit of trouble with the clan channel. I'm trying to make it so people not in a that particular clan won't see any messages but I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong here. Here is what I have so far for people not in a clan.

else if (!CLN_FLAGGED(ch, CLN_TELGORN))
{
}

I thought that would make it so they wouldnt see any messages. Hope that helps understand what i'm talking about. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Chris'Xylam'Cox
31 Dec, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
You need a little more context than that. That on its own does nothing at all; it says if cln_flagged(ch, cln_telgorn) is false, execute an empty block of code.
What else is happening?
31 Dec, 2011, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
You might want to quote the whole function so we can see what all is going on there, and detail what codebase you are using as well :)
31 Dec, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 4th comment:
else if (!CLN_FLAGGED(ch, CLN_TELGORN))
{
}

Like everyone else said, we need more info to help. But assuming that your intention was to write "if not of clan Telgorn, do nothing", then your code should do exactly that. If people outside of the clan are still getting the message, then your code is doing that elsewhere.
01 Jan, 2012, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
You probably need the check at a more outer layer of code, but it's impossible to know for sure what's going on with just that. As is, though, your code is essentially doing nothing at all.
06 Jan, 2012, slapbass841984 wrote in the 6th comment:
Thanks I got it. Much appreciated insight.
0.0/6