11 Aug, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
David Haley said:
A MUD is not a click-the-button game or a Mafia Wars. I'm not sure the comparison is terribly convincing.

Depends on the MUD. 'kill <mob>' over and over sounds like click-the-button to me. I wouldn't be surprised if most veteran mudders havea button, or at least a hotkey, on their client to do the same.

My main concern is that I'd end up cannibalising players from my "real" mud. But recently I've been wondering if it might be viable to create a simple fully graphical mud using a stripped down version of my codebase and a MUSHclient plugin. If it worked out, perhaps it could be turned into a browser (or android) mud.

Sean @Avenshar was working on a similar thing. He created a roguelike interface (with tiles and sprites), using much of his mud code for the game logic. I think it was just a experiment and he went back to work on his text mud, but it was pretty cool.
11 Aug, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 42nd comment:
Votes: 0
Depends on the MUD. 'kill <mob>' over and over sounds like click-the-button to me. I wouldn't be surprised if most veteran mudders have a button, or at least a hotkey, on their client to do the same.

I fear you might have taken my statement a little too literally. Besides, combat complexity even in stock Diku/SMAUG/etc. is more complex than "kill <mob>".
40.0/42