Votes: 0
IIRC, there was a site that started up for mud listings because the
founders were sick of the commercialization of TMC. Does anyone
remember the URL?

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net/
26 Dec, 2006, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Not off hand. I vaguely recall a conversation somewhere about it but I don't even remember where that was. Then again, I think I had planned on mentioning that they could just come here and list their muds instead if they wanted to be free from the commercialized aspect of it. Our mud banners being free and all :)
26 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
I don't recall which one that was anymore either, unfortunately, Cratylus, but I do recall two that started up right after the whole mudmagic fiasco. One was hosted by Alsherok and has already since closed back down to the best of my knowledge, the other was Top Smaug Muds which was started by Vladaar and when he opted to bow out so he could focus on his upcoming MMO, I took over that site and am still hosting/administrating that one. It's free and open to anyone, but of course it's major thrust is Smaug muds so it offers only two mud categories Smaug & Other, but you're welcome to come list there if you'd like.
27 Dec, 2006, Sandi wrote in the 4th comment:
I'm not aware of any, and I try to keep tabs in such things.

Unless you're thinking of MUD Quest, but that was started due to dissatisfaction on TMS. Not that there's a huge difference, of course. I mean, it's only one letter…. ;)
27 Dec, 2006, Cratylus wrote in the 5th comment:
Mud Quest is exactyl what I meant.

Thank you!

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net/
27 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
Is that the one that shut down a few weeks after it started? :sad:
27 Dec, 2006, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
No, the one that shut down a few weeks after startup was the one that was on Arthmoor. I forget what she called it but she gave up on running it after 3 weeks or so.
27 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
Sadly, I can't recall what she'd named that one either. :sad:
0.0/8