15 May, 2010, vidar1987 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Welcome all and thank you for reading this. Dragonball Z: Battle of the Clans has now been opened for a couple of weeks and major changes have already been made. New features added in (including skills) that make this mud different from the rest, and several other things as well already added. We currently have plans laid out on things we will be changing and adding to make this MUD original and different from all the other DBZ Clones out there. There will be several new races added in, the code already completed for them, they just need to be finished (giving them skills and such) before they are implemented and available for selection. That shouldn't be too much longer before that happens, within a couple of weeks at least one new race will be in. Right now race wise Shinigami is being made. Several races will be non-dbz related, so this mud will not be 100% pure dbz. Also, aside from most if not all other DBZ muds, DBZ: BoTC will be mainly focused on clan warfare, although you can play normally just like on all of the other muds, but again, mostly it will be clan warfare and rp encouraged style. Both Owners are on almost each day for about 6-10 hours, if not a bit longer. Right now we are in need of builders, both very experienced, experienced, and we will even take builders who still need some training, so that we can get rid of these pesky stock areas that are haunting the mud. We have several dedicated players as well. If you feel like stopping by, and hopefully looking for a job as a builder, please do, we welcome you with open arms!

Dragonball Z: Battle of The Clans

host: frostmud.com
port: 8310

-Owner - Zaphyre
15 May, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
Weren't you having trouble figuring out how to get the MUD to boot up just a couple weeks ago? Yet you've already added enough new features to make the MUD original and different from other DBZ MUDs?
16 May, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 3rd comment:
you know, we really don't need to jump on everyone who posts in the promotions section.
16 May, 2010, Koron wrote in the 4th comment:
It's technically not outside the realm of possibility that he's got an awesome staff building super sweet areas or nifty code innovations. At least we know he's dedicated!
16 May, 2010, Kline wrote in the 5th comment:
kiasyn said:
you know, we really don't need to jump on everyone who posts in the promotions section.

I don't see where he was jumped on; he is a poster who less than a week ago could not boot a MUD and had difficulty understanding "source code". I think it's a fairly legit question to ask him to legitimize his claims of such sweeping changes in such short order; given his previous past questions.
16 May, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 6th comment:
kiasyn said:

I don't think that's Lyanic's intent, and I do think you know that.

If an utter noob that can't even work out how to manipulate races advertises fabulous new features
on his mud and asks for people to come build for him, it's completely legit to ask how he's not
just lying and wasting people's time. If he has found a coder, it's an opportunity to explain that. If
he's come across awesome code he's the new custodian of, well, now's his chance to let us know.

If he's got a handful of nothing, it's a public service to let the unwary know.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
22 May, 2010, vidar1987 wrote in the 7th comment:
Lyanic, Co-Owner is a really good coder, and I never said anything about not knowing how to code, not saying im an expert, but I do know some basic things. Also found out where to add the races so they show up on creation, wasn't in any of the places you said they should be.
22 May, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 8th comment:
Ok so is one of those changes you made to make you not like the other DBZ clones out there to remove the unicorn puke? Or is your mud a plethora of rainbow text? Also, how fast is character progression? Can you max out in an hour or does it take several weeks or months to max out? These are important factors to think about when trying to differentiate yourself from all the countless other DBZ muds that have come and gone in the past. And if you HAVE made these changes, you'll get much more interest if your advertisement makes mention of this. For most muds I wouldn't make that suggestion but the history of DBZ themed muds makes it necessary.
22 May, 2010, Sharmair wrote in the 9th comment:
vidar1987 said:
Also found out where to add the races so they show up on creation, wasn't in any of the places you said they should be.

So, what did you do to get it to work? Where was it you added things? You have just kept
everyone hanging never giving an update.
0.0/9