08 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm posting this because Kiasyn told me to. This is a request to fix the numerous bugs still plaguing the Werewolf game. I have no way of telling the cause for any of them. All I know is that the game sometimes crashes 4-5 games in a row, right in the middle of the game. If anyone else has any theories on causes, feel free to post them in this thread.
08 Dec, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
All I have to add is it's not a stuck timer or anything like that. Either the game crashes or the entire bot crashes and is restarted.
08 Dec, 2009, Mudder wrote in the 3rd comment:
If the wolf eats himself. The game crashes.

I have another theory, untested, that a possible cause of the crash is people trying to !kill or !vote when they aren't supposed to. Possibly the bot has so much to sort through it can't handle all that and the news feeds? Sometimes before a crash it will pause, news will rush through, then the game will crash.

That does not always happen though. Sometimes it just crashes without warning. :(

I <3 my werewolf! Please fix it!
08 Dec, 2009, Scoyn wrote in the 4th comment:
I've tried to !vote before the "polls are open" so to speak.
Werewolf@MegaBotimctells you 'Voting is currently not open.'
As for the wolf killing himself, the code for Werewolf doesn't allow self targeting. It seems to check the name of the target before the @ and if the target is the same as the attacker, it won't allow it.

And as for the news spam, that's after the bot restarts… I think. >.>
08 Dec, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 5th comment:
Mudder said:
If the wolf eats himself. The game crashes.

Lol. I was the village idiot when I said I ate myself. :P
09 Dec, 2009, Mudder wrote in the 6th comment:
Scoyn said:
I've tried to !vote before the "polls are open" so to speak.
Werewolf@MegaBotimctells you 'Voting is currently not open.'

It occasionally says that, but other times it simply ignores you. I suspected that the bot would become overloaded if too many people were doing that and around the same time there was news to be bad. Obviously it's just an (un)educated guess. ;)

As for the wolf killing himself, the code for Werewolf doesn't allow self targeting. It seems to check the name of the target before the @ and if the target is the same as the attacker, it won't allow it.
Mudder shakes his fist angrily, "Kaaaayyyllleeeee!"
0.0/6