21 Oct, 2009, Antron wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer…
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
–Shel Silverstein

Okay, so I've got this MUD idea. Yes, yes, I know, so does everyone. I'm not looking for programmers. I'm not looking for builders. I'm not looking for RP leaders, and I'm looking for players. I am looking for people who want to talk MUD theory and contribute (no matter how small, even if it's just to weigh in on a topic of opinion).

Here's a couple of our main goals:
* a persistent but dynamic game-world, where the actions each player takes one day change the world forever.
* an immersive experience, drawing players in to the highly interactive world where non-player characters are intelligent and responsive.
* an intuitive interface, where players control their characters using plain English to describe what they want them to do.
* thorough documentation to help new players get on their feet, and allow experienced players to completely grasp every subtle aspect of the game.
* a novel class system, where players select their class after they have had time to play and explore the game
* explore modern approaches to MUD development and play–for example, wiki documentation and facebook apps (easily done!)
* a fun, light-hearted, and intelligent dynamic between the developers.

and here are some of the things which we have already implemented:
* massive wilderness area over 4-million rooms with up to 256 terrain types
* extremely advanced mobprogging, allowing (just a few examples):
+ mobprogs directly on players
+ mobiles (and rooms, and objects) can remember and recognize players
+ subprograms and functions
+ virtually unlimited program line and buffer length–SMAUG-style mobprog formatting issues are a thing of the past!
+ mobprog functionality is strong enough that skills and spells can be created just using mobprogs.
* no memory leaks–currently one copy of the game engine has been up for over 6 months with no reboots and no issues.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, why not pop over to the wiki that we've got set up. Come up with some ideas, create some pages, take a crap on my userpage, whatever.

http://planes09.wikia.com/

Thanks,
Antronasaurus Rex
21 Oct, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
Maybe it's just me but I think just this post in the promotions forum would be sufficient.
22 Oct, 2009, Antron wrote in the 3rd comment:
that should say I'm not looking for players.
0.0/3