12 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi i am wondering if anyone knows about cygwin packages i seem to have run into a problem involving dynamic symbol lookup and was wondering if anyone knew is there is a package to enable cygwin to comprehend dynamic symbol lookup
12 Sep, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 2nd comment:
cygwin should support dlopen/dlsym just fine. It's built in to the core cygwin library. I believe you can only dlopen cygwin libraries from cygwin programs, however.
12 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
You have to make sure that the dlsym package is installed, too.
12 Sep, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 4th comment:
Really? Last I knew, dlsym was built into cygwin.dll, and there was no need for a separate library like Linux requires.

Google just verified that for me, even. Or are all the threads I'm finding just out of date?
13 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 5th comment:
elanthis said:
Really? Last I knew, dlsym was built into cygwin.dll, and there was no need for a separate library like Linux requires.

Yes, libdl is included in the base cygwin.dll
13 Sep, 2009, DK p1990 wrote in the 6th comment:
So do i need to look for this dlsym package? or is it built in?

If i do need this package where would i look for it cuz i didn't see anything showing dlsym in any of the cygwin categorys…droped them all down and looked but couldn't find anything that was of what you all were speaking of
14 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 7th comment:
DK p1990 said:
So do i need to look for this dlsym package? or is it built in?

If i do need this package where would i look for it cuz i didn't see anything showing dlsym in any of the cygwin categorys…droped them all down and looked but couldn't find anything that was of what you all were speaking of

I suppose you could start a poll on it.

The solution to the problem you haven't posted is very simple…
however I'm still waiting for you to post the problem.
15 Sep, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 8th comment:
And once again, Tyche points out the obvious in a way nobody has ever pointed it out before. :)
0.0/8