03 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ever wanted to get to know fellow mudders in person? Now's your chance…!
There will be an informal gathering in New York City (Manhattan) over the last weekend of August: Friday the 28th through Sunday the 30th, with Saturday the 29th being the "main day".

I live in NYC and so will be doing most of the coordinating. Here is a rough "schedule of events":

Friday: dinner and probably drinks
Saturday: meet from lunch onwards, with a biggish dinner
Sunday: do whatever people feel like doing, for whoever is still around

The details will be worked out as I get an idea of who is coming and what they want to do.

This will not be a convention, i.e. we won't have a conference room booked or anything of that sort. The purpose is to socialize and to get to know each other.

For people who live in NYC, logistics will be pretty easy for you. For people who live outside the city:

- Lodging. There are several places to stay with prices ranging from $30?-$400+ per night. If you want to save some money, you should look into the various hostels in the city. They're safe and (usually) clean. If you feel like splurging, I'll assume you know how to find a nice hotel on your own. :wink:

- Transportation. There are several trains into the city, typically to Penn Station or Grand Central. Both are very centrally located in terms of transit access. If you fly in to JFK or La Guardia, you can take the subway to Manhattan. If you fly to Newark (in NJ) there is another train you can take to get into NYC. Subway fare is $2.25 per ride, with cheaper fares if you buy several at a time.

If you would like to attend, please post here or send me a PM. You don't need to RSVP or anything, it would just be useful for me to have a rough headcount. I will post updates as plans become more certain. If you have suggestions for things you'd like to do, also please let me know.

Hope to see you there!
03 Aug, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
I will be there!

As will Cratypus, or I'll pwn him.
03 Aug, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
I'll probably be there Sat for the day. Taking the train in.
03 Aug, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 4th comment:
Too far for me I'm afraid. But if any of you are visiting the Oktoberfest next month, I'd be happy to join you for a beer ;)
03 Aug, 2009, Runter wrote in the 5th comment:
Will a mudbytes admin be attending this 'beer summit'? :rolleyes:
03 Aug, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 6th comment:
Also too far for me I'm afraid, but I would love to go. Regardless, if there is anybody in my area that would like to meet up and hang out, I'm down. (Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia or Alabama). (No Douchebags)
03 Aug, 2009, Kline wrote in the 7th comment:
Too far and I'm too broke (moved, new job, new house, new baby … lol). Anybody near "metro east"? (St. Louis)
04 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 8th comment:
I'll be booking my ticket this week! :)
04 Aug, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 9th comment:
Kline, I lived the vast majority of my life in Missouri and pass through there on an almost monthly basis.

I lived in…. Waynesville, Mo - Saint Robert, Mo - and Pacific, Mo (Right outside of STL!)

EDIT - Sorry David, not meaning to interrupt your post. Everybody go to the MUDMEET in NYC, Augst 28 - 30. Details above!
04 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 10th comment:
Bump :D
04 Aug, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 11th comment:
Louisiana here, so yeah… that's too far :p
04 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 12th comment:
Little bit of a bump.
04 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
Why not give it a sticky? It can be unstickied after it passes.
04 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 14th comment:
Won't stay on the front page ;)
04 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 15th comment:
Oh yeah… I guess that's a good point. I guess you don't have a mega-sticky feature. :wink:
04 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 16th comment:
Unfortunately, I think it's just a little teensy bit too far away for me. :lol:
04 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 17th comment:
FWIW, I'm flying from Vancouver to New York (that absolute opposite side of the continent, and a little south) Now, with the exception of Dean and KaVir… :P.
05 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 18th comment:
I spent all my money on drugs and alcohol :(

Fraid I won't be going.
05 Aug, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 19th comment:
inafterbump. :P
05 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 20th comment:
inafterbump also
0.0/30