09 Jul, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been having trouble with users having memory leaks in their muds and I want to squash their processes as soon as they reach a certain amount. I am looking at trying cpulimit.

Does anyone use anything else or have any thoughts on cpulimit?
09 Jul, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 2nd comment:
Also, how can I figure out which processes are causing the disruption if I'm not on to see them?
09 Jul, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 3rd comment:
Although I've never used it, it's my understanding that cpulimit literally limits the cpu usage of a process (rather than squashing those over a certain amount as you seem to want) . That could be handy for muds that get stuck in infinite loops, but it's not going to help with memory leaks.

If you just want to kill the process then you could do it with a script - that's what MudMagic did (they also killed quite a few of my compilations and pfile greps).
09 Jul, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 4th comment:
Are there any links to doing that? I'm not familiar with bash scripting or could it be done with something else? cron job? Still learning here.
09 Jul, 2009, Banner wrote in the 5th comment:
Ulimit
ulimit -d 32768 -m 32768 -v 32768 -u 25

I use this to limit the data seg size, maximum memory, virtual memory, and user processes in that order. Ulimit -a for the list. Just drop the options into the user's .profile. Editing the /etc/skel/.profile will make all new users created apply with this setting.
0.0/5