04 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Well…

Inbetween replying to trolls on the Latest Drama Thread :rolleyes: I have somehow managed to get GroovyMud 0.3-alpha out.

0.3 contains many enhancements, including:

• area support - areas can be scripted using plain ol' groovy or using the Grails beanbuilder

• Complex behaviours can be built and added to any mud object, including SpawnBehaviours, TriggeredBehaviours, RandomBehaviours and ScriptedBehaviours.

• MOBs can be scripted using a DSLs (domain specific language) stylee, eg mob.say("hey"); mob.get("broadsword"); mob.go("south")

• Objects can use templated views, much like JSP, to build object descriptions. (This is still a little bit in flux, and subject to minor changes)

• MOB logging - logs what mobs can see. configurable (as it's Log4J at the heart)

• Player I/O filter object that can be added to the players shell, to enable things like drunkeness (removing characters, changing words in their output) and automatic text translation (still in a bit of an untested state)

• download it here

Well, I hope you like it. Don't mind if you use it or not, it was fun doing it :D

[edited to add link]
    04 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
    Should link it here somewhere. :)

I guess I'll do your job for you.
    04 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 3rd comment:
    I was going to add a link to my original post before I posted it, but i was trying to upload my gzip file and it wouldnt upload…

so i posted anyway, thinking i would edit it later.. :D as it is, that link is for 0.2.10 :(

You can get it here tho, but its not mudbytes

thanks anyway!
    06 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 4th comment:
    Hi

You can now get GroovyMud 0.3-alpha from the mudbytes repository!!!1!

http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=file...

Note that although this is under the Java section of the repo, the language you would use to build any mud would be the Groovy programming language, which is a separate language in it's own right but runs on the JVM.

(Maybe we should call that section "JVM" rather than "Java"? I could equally write a JPython or JRuby mud on the JVM .. but I digress :)

Please log any issues on the issues list.

If anyone would like to help coding you are very welcome to join the project, there are lots of things to do, and the more the merrier :)
    0.0/4