02 Jul, 2009, boblinski wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm wanting to change the color defaults on my QuickMUD mud.. I've got two questions:

1) I've seen color referenced to in many different files, which file/place should I look in particular to change the default colors?

2) Is the standard color set in the code (standard color meaning… if no color is chosen, or if you chose NO COLOR) or is it decided by the client a person is using? (ie green or white)
02 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
boblinski said:
I'm wanting to change the color defaults on my QuickMUD mud.. I've got two questions:

1) I've seen color referenced to in many different files, which file/place should I look in particular to change the default colors?

2) Is the standard color set in the code (standard color meaning… if no color is chosen, or if you chose NO COLOR) or is it decided by the client a person is using? (ie green or white)

Default color should be determined by the client. Look in the output functions to find where the color is changed from color codes to escape sequences.
03 Jul, 2009, boblinski wrote in the 3rd comment:
I thought that things were given defaults?? Like Damage, Tells, Replies, Room_Name, Room_Text, Room_Exits etc etc?
03 Jul, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 4th comment:
To change the colors of those things you'll have to do it yourself by going to each spot in the code and adding the color code of your choice in. Be warned though that it's a bigger job than you'd think just to find the correct spot. Also, some things are sent via write_to_desc which doesn't allow for color. I tried adding color to my nanny code with no luck and found that out. Also there's a bunch of repeated code that is commented out or just not used in most diku-rivatives. For tells and replies it's really easy to add color as well as the damage messages, but the room exits and name might take a little hunting to find the correct place. I don't quite remember where it is right now but if I told you it would take away the learning experience you need. Just make good use of the grep command and you should be alright. Good luck.
0.0/4