23 Jun, 2009, anodyne wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Just in case you don't like that Locke mofo, I have been using this on my MUD for
almost six months:

Sword Quest Role Playing

it's Rip's Sword Quest codebase. He ran it in um..the nineties…it has OLC :)
yesyesyesyesyes I know it's an attempt at RPI but you can EASILY change that.
I've run it on crappy WinXP cygwin for compiling+running on remote linux later,
and the latest Ubuntu public release. No C++, no stock memory bugs and it has
an OLC that is Merc 2.1 based. Ah, stability :) Rip = the meanest and the best
23 Jun, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
I'm somewhat amused/bemused that you list "No C++" as a feature right next to "no stock memory bugs"… :rolleyes:
23 Jun, 2009, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
Just ignore "that Locke mofo". He's a troll and as far as anyone with brains is concerned he has no claim to press with anything that comes out of his codebase. I'm not even convinced at this point that he actually did any work on the OLC he's taking credit for. I think Chris wrote the code, did all the work, and Locke waited until he was dead to simply appropriate it for his own purposes. Given his history, this seems more plausible than his claim that he invented the concept and the term and that we're all code thieves for not giving him credit.
23 Jun, 2009, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
TheIsles/Surreality is given credit in the source, just Locke feels it isn't enough, and it's his holy mission to pimp his friends cadaver out ;).

Edit: Sorry for derailing! Ignore my comment… continue on :).
24 Jun, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 5th comment:
Samson said:
I'm not even convinced at this point that he actually did any work on the OLC he's taking credit for. I think Chris wrote the code, did all the work, and Locke waited until he was dead to simply appropriate it for his own purposes. Given his history, this seems more plausible than his claim that he invented the concept and the term and that we're all code thieves for not giving him credit.

Taking credit for other people's work does seem to be his MO. I think everyone that uses OLC should add a line saying Locke tried to take credit for inventing YouTube. Credit where credit is due…
25 Jun, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 6th comment:
I suspect it's the ripping out of the licenses, that preclude anyone finding or using it.
0.0/6