21 Jun, 2009, Darque wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm in the process of selecting a code base. I want a simple code, without all sorts of extra features like coordination with SQL and so on and so forth. I want simple, like Merc or Rom simple. Or Circle simple.

But the question is, what's the best code to choose for a mud that will evolve from a social hack-and-slash into a RPI? When it opens, it will probably not be one … I want to build the areas and open it for play. But over time, I do plan to shift towards RPI, and all that entails, and that's a lot of coding, and a lot of potential trouble with technical features. So I would like a base that is rich with command features, and not so much technical features.

I'd also like it to function on a common language. C and C++ is probably that language. Suggestions, though, are welcome. I am eager to get started, but I don't want to do a false start.
21 Jun, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
Darque said:
I'm in the process of selecting a code base. I want a simple code, without all sorts of extra features like coordination with SQL and so on and so forth. I want simple, like Merc or Rom simple. Or Circle simple.

But the question is, what's the best code to choose for a mud that will evolve from a social hack-and-slash into a RPI? When it opens, it will probably not be one … I want to build the areas and open it for play. But over time, I do plan to shift towards RPI, and all that entails, and that's a lot of coding, and a lot of potential trouble with technical features. So I would like a base that is rich with command features, and not so much technical features.

I'd also like it to function on a common language. C and C++ is probably that language. Suggestions, though, are welcome. I am eager to get started, but I don't want to do a false start.

If you're going to use one of those try to find one of the optimized versions out there. (Like tbaMUD or SmaugFUSS) They'll save you headaches in the long run.
21 Jun, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
This gives some suggestions about picking a codebase: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpos...

I would go with what you are most familiar with.
0.0/3