19 Mar, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I was bored and looking at my zmud options, and one thing I've never touched is the scripting feature. I don't know perl or any of those scripting languages so I had no use for it. But while looking at the zmud help files I see that there is a Zmud scripting language that is designed specifically for use with zmud. I did a quick google search and wasn't able to find any tutorials or any sort of guides to learning this language though, and was wondering if anybody with better google skills knew of a tutorial for this. I'm mainly interested in the zmud scripting cause It's bound to be more simple and easier to learn than python or perl.
19 Mar, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
python is dead easy to learn, and a lot more useful. and there are a billion tutorials. i would highly recommend trying python or ruby(rubyrubytruby<3)

also, zmud has a lot of build-in documentation on its scripting
19 Mar, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
Not really interested in learning python at the moment, the reason for my interest in Zmud Scripting is because it's likely to be even easier to learn than python and I don't have any reason for learning python currently. I feel like I should learn the language that was actually designed for use with zmud since it's likely to have some special features that are mud-oriented.

I am running zmud 4.62 (10+ year old version) and I wasn't able to find any tutorial for the actual scripting language, if they do have one in zmud itself it's in the later versions.
19 Mar, 2009, Stormy wrote in the 4th comment:
19 Mar, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
Thanks for the link stormy, but that's not exactly a tutorial for people who don't know a thing about script writing. It's more like a reference guide for people who are either rusty or just forgetful. I'm needing a complete newbie's tutorial to it. There's bound to be one somewhere.
23 Mar, 2009, Davion wrote in the 6th comment:
This one looks pretty good. Ignore the pascal though. It's pretty much just comparing zmud scripting to another language that you don't need to know for this.
23 Mar, 2009, Vladaar wrote in the 7th comment:
We have our own scripts and tutorials submitted here, some maybe useful to you.

http://6dragons.org/forums/viewforum.php...
0.0/7