15 Jan, 2009, Lobotomy wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I just noticed that Mudbytes has a post self-deletion button now (:surprised:). I'm curious: Does it only work on individual posts, or can it vaporize a thread as well (so long as no replies have been posted to it)?

P.s, I really appreciate the addition. :smile:
15 Jan, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 2nd comment:
I would think it would only delete the post not the thread… but that would be weird if there were threads with no posts on them…
15 Jan, 2009, Lobotomy wrote in the 3rd comment:
After you posted, Igabod, I decided to see if I could create a forum causality violaton (delete my post, then reply to your reply with the original post) since it is still showing the delete button even though a reply exists. Unfortunately, it failed; answering my original question.

Mudbytes said:
You cannot delete the first post in a topic.

:mad:
15 Jan, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 4th comment:
That would have been pretty funny, me replying to nobody. That kind of thing happens to me all the time in real life but never before in a forum.

Off topic, I'm getting really pissed at suddenlink… my net connection is fluctuating like crazy. One second it's connected, the next it's not.
15 Jan, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
There is something of a gentleman's agreement to not edit (and hence certainly not delete) posts after people have started replying to them. (Excepting of course fixing mistakes, etc.) It can be extremely confusing for people who visit the thread later. That is in part why there has been some resistance to the ability to delete/edit posts. Personally I think it's a good thing to not be able to delete the first post in a thread – if a thread was created by accident (e.g. double-post), it's ok to say so and have the admins delete it.
16 Jan, 2009, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Actually that button has been around now for awhile. I don't remember exactly when I added it. There's a time limit in place on how long the button remains available. Right now it's at a generous 6 hours and has so far been doing just fine there. After the time expires you cannot edit or delete a post.
0.0/6