19 Jun, 2006, Justice wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been noticing the horribly barren articles section and thinking… hrmm… perhaps we should do something about it?

There was some (offtopic) discussion of it in the mudlisting thread…

Was thinking that we could start off by doing "how-to" articles on tasks in the various codebases. Stuff like adding classes, races, skills, etc… I think this would be a great help to new admins by giving them a place where the common things are described.

I remember Midboss saying he could handle that sort of stuff for ROM. I could probably write a thing or two on SMAUG.

Also… since these types of articles would be specific to a codebase… might need to categorize articles by codebase with a general category.
19 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
While I can't promise how soon I'll get around to doing so, I can include a few how to guides for smaug as well. (Lord knows I've learned the hard way enough things…) But I agree that if it was categorized by codebase it'd be more helpful to new admins than just a string of submissions that one might even have to read through to determine which codebase it applies to, though I think even that would still be a big boon over what currently exists out there. Aurora's got a few, Herne's got a great guide for builders, and that's pretty much it for Smaug.. no idea about other codebases. *shrug*
20 Jun, 2006, Justice wrote in the 3rd comment:
Agreed, there seems to be a shortage of sites that have alot of information for new mud admins.

Dunno when I'll have the time, but will certainly write a couple articles… mostly quick how-to things like skills and whatnot.
20 Jun, 2006, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
Anything written will be very well received. The Articles is the most clicked link on this website ;). Which is weird cause it's not really even a link ;). On the next, juicy update, I suspect there will be some sort of interface for you guys to get your articles in quick! :)
20 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
Now that would be helpful, if there's a submit option, maybe there will be some submissions. :wink:
0.0/5