29 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
As you all know, I use the dbsaga codebase. I am looking to make it if you reincarnate the plrequirements on equipment don't affect you. I got it to work for do_wear but, when the mud updates it forces you to remove shit, I tried to edit that code and it bugged the shit out of my mud. Does anyone know where and how I would make this work?

Thanks in Advance
29 Apr, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 2nd comment:
I don't know anything about that codebase, sorry :(
29 Apr, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 3rd comment:
I know nothing of the codebase in particular, but in Circle you'd do something roughly like:

if ((GET_LEVEL(ch) > GET_MIN_LEVEL(obj)) || PLR_FLAGGED(ch, REINC)) {
29 Apr, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 4th comment:
I'd go to a forum where there's more coders of your codebase/it's ancestors/whatever.
29 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 5th comment:
there is alot of people who use smaug Zenn, That are on this website I have already had from great people here.
29 Apr, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 6th comment:
Right, but Smaug does not have "plrequirements". I have no idea what that is, so I can't help.
29 Apr, 2008, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
Whatever plrequirements are, they sound like they're unique to DBZ codebases.

The reincarnation sounds like your run of the mill remort system though. Does this system flag the player at all when they've been reincarnated? If so, then it should be a simple matter of checking in the plrequirements code to see if that flag is set, and if so, don't enforce those conditions. If not, then adding a flag for it shouldn't be too much more difficult.
30 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 8th comment:
I just created a pc_flag for it and I just need to know what causes people to automatic remove equipment if they fall below a certain level?
30 Apr, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 9th comment:
Nothing. In Smaug, you cannot lose levels.
30 Apr, 2008, Conner wrote in the 10th comment:
Zeno said:

Well, actually, you can. If an immortal uses the advance or balzhur commands on you, you lose levels in Smaug. Also, if you're an immortal on a Smaug mud and someone higher level than you chooses to mortalize you, then you'd lose levels too. :wink:
But I honestly think that by now Tails really should've gotten the gist that we can't help him because we don't know what he's talking about, though Fizban and Samson have both tried anyway. :wink:
30 Apr, 2008, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
Tailsthefox said:
I just created a pc_flag for it and I just need to know what causes people to automatic remove equipment if they fall below a certain level?

Yet another stab in the dark based on the limited information you've provided, but I'd say again this is a case of not having flag checks in the right locations to see if that level 1 sorcerer isn't in fact a remorted level 50 plain old boring mage. Not what the DBZ stuff uses, but you get the idea. If they're losing items because they're not high enough level, then you need to look in the code that equips items on players, as well as any update functions that do regular checks to make sure they're still wearing valid equipment for their level.
30 Apr, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 12th comment:
I'm gonna do something unprecedented… I just downloaded the base he's using and I'm gonna poke around and see if I can't figure this out.
30 Apr, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 13th comment:
Alright, Downloaded it, looked through it. And I don't see anything in stock DBSC that even checks a players pl when doing updates. I don't even see where stock Smaug used to check for alignment and remove gear. I'm going to need more information to effectively offer help, Tails.
30 Apr, 2008, Davion wrote in the 14th comment:
What do you mean by "when the mud updates"?
30 Apr, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 15th comment:
I'm assuming when the heartbeat pulses, but I could be mistaken.
01 May, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 16th comment:
Conner said:
Zeno said:

Well, actually, you can. If an immortal uses the advance or balzhur commands on you, you lose levels in Smaug. Also, if you're an immortal on a Smaug mud and someone higher level than you chooses to mortalize you, then you'd lose levels too. :wink:
But I honestly think that by now Tails really should've gotten the gist that we can't help him because we don't know what he's talking about, though Fizban and Samson have both tried anyway. :wink:

I wasn't talking about Immortal intervention obviously. If an Imm is involved, anything is possible.

(By the way, advance still does not make you lose levels. You get reset to lvl 1 and go back up)
01 May, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 17th comment:
Basicly, what I ment was, When you are certain powerlevel and you die and go under the powerlevel that the item says you have to be at to use the item it forces you to remove the item in question. I know how to do the ifcheck for it, I just can't find the function that actually does the removing.

Thanks for help anyways.
01 May, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 18th comment:
Use gdb to step through and find the function.
01 May, 2008, Conner wrote in the 19th comment:
Zeno said:
I wasn't talking about Immortal intervention obviously. If an Imm is involved, anything is possible.

(By the way, advance still does not make you lose levels. You get reset to lvl 1 and go back up)

Ah, you hadn't mentioned any sort of qualifiers like that so I didn't know you hadn't meant that too… those pesky details, eh? :wink: (Though I might dispute that imm intervention allows anything to become possible without code changes to accompany that intervention, but that'd be another topic altogether.)

Well, yes, that is true. Advance doesn't really reverse your progression of level gain directly, but resetting you to level 1 is pretty likely to be considered a level loss by all concerned, even if only momentarily, and if the ending level (possibly just the reset to level 1 by itself - I haven't tested this) is below the level of items you were wearing, you'll no longer be wearing those items because of the level loss. (Mpadvance doesn't require direct immortal intervention but will have the same results too, btw.)
01 May, 2008, Davion wrote in the 20th comment:
Tailsthefox said:
Basicly, what I ment was, When you are certain powerlevel and you die and go under the powerlevel that the item says you have to be at to use the item it forces you to remove the item in question. I know how to do the ifcheck for it, I just can't find the function that actually does the removing.

Thanks for help anyways.

Force it to do it again and if it actually has a specific error message, just grep for it in your source. Should bring you right to the code that removes it. If that isn't it, look for functions that call the code to remove it.
0.0/21