07 Feb, 2014, Davenge wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 1
It's been shut down for like two years, anyone know of a clone or super similar mud or have a copy of the code they want to share, or have any blackmail on Smith?

I'm desperate to play, been craving it bad!!!
30 Jan, 2016, Vek wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 0
I know exactly what you mean Davenge. Sorry to necro your post, but I've been hoping for years that Smith would get to a point in his career where he had some more free time and had worked up enough nostalgia to restart DoN. I did a smattering of code work for DoN (mostly DoNClient Lua implementation). I remember that I had zipped up the entire system, users and all, about six months prior to its shutdown to sandbox some of my edits. I probably still have the zips in cold storage; unfortunately, I promised Smith that I would keep the code and objects entirely secure, so sharing isn't an option at this time. Smith had obtained the original code from Greenwing Enterprises (obliquely) and the previous maintainer with caveats and didn't want any copyright issues or other legal malfunctions.

It's a pure shame. I spent many an hour whiling away my time on DoN.
27 Aug, 2016, Ckeene2 wrote in the 3rd comment:
Sorry for this, it seems this thread is old now, I hope you guys still see this. Is there ANY WAY to play DoN again? I started in the late 90s when my older brother showed it to me, and I never made it to the hero/legend list. I wold be willing to pay for a host if it would be possible to just play the game at all. I still daydream about it at least once a week, usually more. It's driving me mad!
06 Sep, 2016, Kage wrote in the 4th comment:
I sympathize, I too never made the herolist; hell, DoN is where my wife and I met. We talk about it once or twice a year and even use it here and there in our tabletop games. If Smith ever wanted to kickstart or patreon the project I'd be happy to grind away in DoN compared to Destiny or WoW. I loved that world.
30 Sep, 2016, Drosta wrote in the 5th comment:
You should know that DoN is back up! The address is 216.197.156.106 and the port is 5000! HAPPY MUDDING!
0.0/5