10 Mar, 2014, Whitenoise wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So a couple reasons for this post.

A) Wanted to see who the active users here are. I've only had the pleasure of talking with two folks at the time of this post.

B) Introduce myself to the community here.

That being said.

Have spent a long number of years playing video games, and have done development work for a few MMORPG private game servers. I fell in love with muds recently and have thought it to be a viable branch to build a game idea I have had for sometime and see what comes of it. I know mud games are not as popular as they used to be however as a gamer I find the communities that play muds to be more the kind of people I would like to play with. This being one of the big reasons for me doing what I can to launch my first project as a mud.

I also love the feel and experiance of muds and hope that my ideas and contributions to the community in the months / years to come are enjoyable and fun for others. That being said I have scrolled through some of the posts here on these forums and am curious how many of you are active here and still plugging away. :smirk:

Cheers
10 Mar, 2014, Markov_AU wrote in the 2nd comment:
I'm lurking, not overly active here though.
11 Mar, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 3rd comment:
Always nice to meet someone who has fallen in love with MUDs more recently :)
11 Mar, 2014, Whitenoise wrote in the 4th comment:
Hello to both,

@ plamzi Yea I am glad to see these projects keep kicking. I find muds fuel my nostalgia of rolling dice and writing down on character sheets much more than the modern cookie cutter and once in a blue moon different graphical MMORPG's of today. I find the story telling aspect of this style of game far more advanced.
11 Mar, 2014, Hades_Kane wrote in the 5th comment:
Welcome! It's always nice to see new blood to the hobby.

My name is Joseph, although I'm known more commonly on any MUD related forum as Hades_Kane (here, TMC, and TMS) and "Diablos" on any MUD that I've been a part of in the last 15 years.

I am a Moderator on both this site and TMC, although thankfully things are running pretty smooth on both places and don't require much attention in that regard. Other than deleting spam, I don't know that there has been a need for any moderation here in the last year.

I run the game End of Time, a deeply modified ROM with a Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger theme, and have been working on it in it's current form for almost a decade. I've been MUDing since 1996, and have since about 2006 tried to be a very visual and active part in the community through discussion, help/advice when I've been qualified to answer, and in general just trying to be a positive voice and influence.
11 Mar, 2014, Lyanic wrote in the 6th comment:
I'm classified as actively inactive.
11 Mar, 2014, roguewombat wrote in the 7th comment:
I lurk here and play occasionally as Guion… mostly I just wish I had more time to play. ;)
11 Mar, 2014, Whitenoise wrote in the 8th comment:
@Hades_Kane End of time sounds interesting I may check it out. I <3 FF games and chrono trigger / cross
12 Mar, 2014, roguewombat wrote in the 9th comment:
It's definitely worth checking out - lotta great stuff going on there. :smile:
12 Mar, 2014, Hades_Kane wrote in the 10th comment:
Good to hear! :)
12 Mar, 2014, Ssolvarain wrote in the 11th comment:
I, too, am lurking.

Building doesn't really come up very often around here, but I still like to contribute where I can.

I'm the resident slacker of End of Time.

It's good to see someone from the private server community coming to MUDs. I think a MUD offers a better experience over the long term than most private servers are capable of, mainly because a private server tends to focus on debugging specific patches rather than any sort of actual development of the game itself.
29 Mar, 2014, bbailey wrote in the 12th comment:
Necro-lurking.

Welcome aboard the crazy train.
02 Apr, 2014, caelreth wrote in the 13th comment:
My first post here, but I have been lurking for a while now.

I've played MUDs off and on for years and have started coding some of late, so my interest in MUDs is still growing :)
03 Apr, 2014, lilmike wrote in the 14th comment:
Hey there.
I have played MUDs since about 2006 when I was 13 (so I'm probably one of the younger crowd around here :P). My first mud I played was Alter Aeon which I still love and play. As of late I've been interested in coding a mud (well actually I've been interested for a while now, but just now got around to actually doing something about it) so am working on making a mud based on a series of books I like.
I haven't been on these or any other mud forum much, but now that I am working on coding my own mud I'm trying to keep up a little more with them :).
Good to see you here!
-Michael.
03 Apr, 2014, Igabod wrote in the 15th comment:
I still hang around here and check the boards from time to time to see if anything interesting is being developed, but I've had a recent career change which takes a lot of my time away as well as having a disabled mother to take care of so I don't get to play muds much anymore and I haven't hung around here long enough to comment on any of the posts I did read. I'm still in love with mudding in general but I have found it difficult to find any particular mud to love like I did in the golden years of mudding. I have found several which I enjoyed a lot but haven't fallen so madly in love with one that I was willing to skip school just to play all day like I used to do.
Random Picks
0.0/15