11 Jan, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Kayle said:
I should have an open mud after two years… Hmm..

Heh, we've had a little over 3 years of straight, constant development, and aren't ready to open yet. There was a few years of spotty development prior to that as well, but I wasn't coding and wasn't the sole person in charge then.

I think its better to make sure you have a game ready to open and take longer in development then jump the gun and fail.
11 Jan, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 42nd comment:
Hades_Kane said:
Heh, we've had a little over 3 years of straight, constant development, and aren't ready to open yet. There was a few years of spotty development prior to that as well, but I wasn't coding and wasn't the sole person in charge then.

I think its better to make sure you have a game ready to open and take longer in development then jump the gun and fail.

At least I'm not alone then. :P I just keep rewriting the entire codebase instead of working on the actual aspects of the game. Sometimes my rewriting breaks things beyond repair though, so I have to start completely over. Although, this latest rewrite is looking pretty good so far! :P
11 Jan, 2009, zordrac2 wrote in the 43rd comment:
Skol said:
Zord, thanks for bringing it up. I'm sure there were lots of games who'd never fixed it.
One addition to that function people might like that I'd done was:
if (!IS_NPC (ch)
&& IS_NPC (victim) /* End old check */
&& ch != victim->master) // new addition to allow for pets
{
send_to_char ("Doesn't need your help!\n\r", ch);
return;
}

For the record, the above doesn't fix the bug, and indeed has nothing to do with the bug. It is just a decision to allow you to do something, as a personal preference for how you think that a mud should work. I haven't put that in, as a personal preference, although I might.
09 Mar, 2013, Odoth wrote in the 44th comment:
Old thread but hoping somebody can send me the details…I'm a mud developer not a devious player :biggrin:
09 Mar, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 45th comment:
Heh necrology..
This "bug" probably about rescuing or autoassisting. Depending on your position in the character loop you can get two rounds of attacks.
Not what I could call a bug, but an obvious design flaw of how those two commands were implemented in that time.
I solved this one with an easy hack, basically preventing people to go through the autoattack method twice in the same round.

Another "bug" directly related is that since you go through a loop of character in fight update, always in the same order, then depending on when you logged, you will always be second at entering commands.

Again not a 'bug' but a design flaw. (Imho the list should be reordered. I may do that eventually..not like it takes cpu time to do it, just need to decide what should be the order)
40.0/45