06 Apr, 2012, Tonitrus wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Lyanic said:
Hades Kane said:
I have no doubt it wouldn't take him but a week to be banned from here, honestly.

That's precisely why he's not on any other MUD fora. He knows he'd get banned from all of them. TMC is his safe haven, because Icculus doesn't give a damn.

I think it's calculated. I've considered making a TMC account many times, and every single time, the reason was "If I had an account, I could put Jodah on ignore."

Personally, I don't know why they don't just advertise it that way.
06 Apr, 2012, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 22nd comment:
Mudder said:
Johnny, what if you put out the fire with your urine!?

You're right! I would have to let the fire run its course, collect the ashes, then urinate on them and finally freeze it.

That, or I would have every person who thinks Twilight is cool write a 10,000 page essay about how lame it is.
06 Apr, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 23rd comment:
It'd be better to make them write a 10,000 page essay on how good it is, forcing them to realize it's really not that good afterall.
06 Apr, 2012, plamzi wrote in the 24th comment:
1) Jodah to be banned on TMC
2) Super Powers
3) Immortality

I know you're thinking I could have asked for super powers first and done the banning myself, but I'd much rather have someone else do it.
07 Apr, 2012, melopene wrote in the 25th comment:
Tonitrus said:
Lyanic said:
Hades Kane said:
I have no doubt it wouldn't take him but a week to be banned from here, honestly.

That's precisely why he's not on any other MUD fora. He knows he'd get banned from all of them. TMC is his safe haven, because Icculus doesn't give a damn.

I think it's calculated. I've considered making a TMC account many times, and every single time, the reason was "If I had an account, I could put Jodah on ignore."

…I've had a TMC account for over a decade and had NO IDEA that you could put someone on ignore. I'm starting to think that he might be on Reddit's MUD forum, but that's not so much a place where there's much trolling so much as naievete.
07 Apr, 2012, Runter wrote in the 26th comment:
If he gets banned there he might go other places… Don't want lah
07 Apr, 2012, Dean wrote in the 27th comment:
melopene said:
Tonitrus said:
Lyanic said:
Hades Kane said:

…I've had a TMC account for over a decade and had NO IDEA that you could put someone on ignore. I'm starting to think that he might be on Reddit's MUD forum, but that's not so much a place where there's much trolling so much as naievete.

Jodah is indeed on the MUD subreddit. I can't remember if it was under the same account name or not, but he's definitely there in some capacity. Which is worrying.
07 Apr, 2012, Hades_Kane wrote in the 28th comment:
Runter said:
I don't really visit TMC much, but is the moderation there pretty slim?

By design, it's basically non existent. Icculus maintains a very hands off approach except in the case of things like spam, outright/undeniable/over the top harassment, promotion of illegal activities, etc. I want to say Scandum was banned there for a spell, but I'm not sure if I ever really knew what for, and my apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong person. But I want to say that I can recall maybe 5 instances of moderation in the 5-6 years I've been a very active poster (despite my account dating back to 2001).
08 Apr, 2012, Lyanic wrote in the 29th comment:
Hades Kane said:
I want to say that I can recall maybe 5 instances of moderation in the 5-6 years I've been a very active poster (despite my account dating back to 2001).

That sounds about right, if on the high side. Icculus "moderates" about once every 1-2 years on average. It has to be something fairly spectacular - something that generates enough e-mail to flood his inbox and force his hand.
08 Apr, 2012, Cratylus wrote in the 30th comment:
I almost got banned from tmc one time :)

I *am* banned from TMS and…um…Samson's smaug thing..and…I'm sure some other stuff.

It's like a gift I have. I was even banned here a few times.

I suggest, however self-servingly, that qualifying for banishment on hobbyist sites doesn't necessarily mean you're actually damaging to the community.

Jodah, however, certainly is such a hazard.

You don't really want to put jodah on ignore. If everyone did that, he'd basically become king of the newbies, blindfolding them, spinning them around, and laughing as they stumble around trying to find their way.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
09 Apr, 2012, Hades_Kane wrote in the 31st comment:
Cratylus said:

You don't really want to put jodah on ignore. If everyone did that, he'd basically become king of the newbies, blindfolding them, spinning them around, and laughing as they stumble around trying to find their way.

Exactly!

At times, I hate "feeding the trolls" as it were, but despite the satisfaction he must get from getting so much attention and riling everyone up so much, the only thing I feel would be worse would be letting his misinformation and dangerous assertions go on unchecked.

Unfortunately, bans are so easy to get around with proxies and whatnot, I don't know that it would really do any good if enough people brougth Icculus' attention to him that it did get him banned. He seems the type that would just go through a proxy to continue being a nuissance.
09 Apr, 2012, Lyanic wrote in the 32nd comment:
Hades_Kane said:
Cratylus said:

Exactly!

At times, I hate "feeding the trolls" as it were, but despite the satisfaction he must get from getting so much attention and riling everyone up so much, the only thing I feel would be worse would be letting his misinformation and dangerous assertions go on unchecked.

Unfortunately, bans are so easy to get around with proxies and whatnot, I don't know that it would really do any good if enough people brougth Icculus' attention to him that it did get him banned. He seems the type that would just go through a proxy to continue being a nuissance.

I third this. About a year ago, I was of the mindset to just ignore him and hope everyone else did the same thing. It was KaVir who first convinced me of the harm in doing so (as was just explained by Crat). Since then, I've attacked his lies and misinformation head on, and made sure to point out to those who don't know better, just how much of a blatant troll he is. If nothing else, it royally pisses him off. That's evident by the fact that he now takes every opportunity to attack me and the alleged poor quality of my game (which he used to play AND promote on the very same forum). I find it hilarious.
20.0/32