01 Nov, 2011, absolute_asylum wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Why is it that 99% of GW codes I find attached to MUDBYTES or any other mud website that offers codebases never compiles clean, has reboot crashes, or ./startup & Permission denied…even after I have done chmod 100 different ways and times. Please someone tell me where to find a recent upd0ated GW DLX code base that offers classes with NO flaws. I am a very busy person and don't have time for petty coding errors to fix because some coder doesn't want their codebase to be used and patches a link for everyone to download and get frustrated with it because it has 100 lines of errors.

I just want to play around with the code enough so I can change the feel of the mudbase.
Can anyone help me out?

Sorry for the rant! Absolute Asylum
01 Nov, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 2nd comment:
If you are busy, just go code for some existing mud, instead of adding yet another one to the pool you wont even have time to maintain properly, or add anything really worthing it pretty please.
Sorry for the rant.
01 Nov, 2011, KaVir wrote in the 3rd comment:
Compilers change over the years, so if it's an old codebase you may have to make a few tweaks to get it working. If you're too busy to spare a few minutes getting the codebase to compile, I'd suggest looking for another hobby - you'll need to invest a lot of time and effort if you don't want to end up running yet another stock mud.

In regard to the "NO flaws" comment, every mud has bugs, and you'll invariably introduce more when adding your own changes. If you don't have time to fix bugs then your mud is doomed before you even start.
08 Nov, 2011, Igabod wrote in the 4th comment:
i know it isn't deluxe, but i have done some bug fixing on the low4 base which is in the repository here. diku-merc-gw-low look for low4_fixup by me. it compiled clean when i uploaded it and should require very little work.
12 Nov, 2011, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
I should mention in this thread as well that anybody else looking to use the code I suggested should be sure to go into the doc directory and read the two .readme files I put in there. It'll explain the different makefile and startup scripts that I included.
0.0/5