05 May, 2011, Runter wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Credit cards and debit cards are just the tools of capitalism. I prefer to store the government issued number of my users to know if they've been dulled out their monthly allowance from my service.
06 May, 2011, chrisd wrote in the 62nd comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
In Europe, a website does not even see your credit card, it just sed you to a bank website, with all bill info.
You give then autorization to the bank to be debited by the vendor.

Where I'm from, banks are companies, and they keep having issues. Why is the bank any more trustworthy than a vendor? Maybe instead a hand should pop out of my computer and let me give it cash.
06 May, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 63rd comment:
Cratylus said:
I thought this thread was about the climate

Hell no, hell no, hell noooooooo!
06 May, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 64th comment:
Why is the bank any more trustworthy than a vendor? Maybe instead a hand should pop out of my computer and let me give it cash.

Not more trustworthy, but bank are (usually) backed up by government up to a quite nice amount of cash. So if one bank totally screw up you have quite a solid insurance (it is basically why we always end up paying for their screw up).
Off course that is only if you think your country is economically stable enough. Otherwise…you should not leave any money in the national bank in the first place. If a compagny screw up, you have none of those insurance, (except, how funny, the bank one…again). So yes, banks are more solid than any private compagny for those little billing problems. It is not a trust matter, it is a risk/reward matter.
I do not trust a free hosting for a free game, but I do not risk anything either using one, be it as an admin or a player.
I do not trust Sony for keeping my credit card number, hence I do not use their service either.
As a matter of fact I trust no compagny for giving them a way to bill me to any other acount than theirs. They only need an autorization to bill, that they can get the first time they bill you. At least this way you know that even if the bill is wrong, where the money went.
Give your credit card/debit card whatever number ? No need at all.
23 Jun, 2011, DemonAlucard wrote in the 65th comment:
If there weren't any free mud hosts I imagine that we wouldn't get as many newbie developers.
60.0/65