20 Aug, 2010, GhostInAProgram wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Tyche said:
GhostInAProgram said:
I know that I have a 192.168.1.104 that's used for my port forwarding so maybe the 104 changed?

Could be. Most routers are configured to use DHCP to auto assign local IPs (LAN side). Most of them also allow you to configure them reserve a specific local IP for a given MAC address. You should look into that.

I forget the commands that I need to put into my cmd prompt though.
20 Aug, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 22nd comment:
I know that I have a 192.168.1.104 that's used for my port forwarding so maybe the 104 changed?

Yes. It is very likely, in fact almost guaranteed, that your router will assign different internal IP addresses unless you do MAC address reservations. Every network card has a so-called MAC address (sometimes known as a hardware address); you need to identify your server's MAC address ('ipconfig /all' will do it) and then, in your router, assign a specific 192.168.1.xyz address to that desktop. Then, reboot your desktop, and make sure that you got the internal IP address that you assigned.
20 Aug, 2010, Runter wrote in the 23rd comment:
Odds are you don't have a static intranet IP. This would make forwarding mess up once new ones are assigned.
20 Aug, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 24th comment:
GhostInAProgram said:
I forget the commands that I need to put into my cmd prompt though.

Me too.
I just sign into my routers web interface and configure it there. YMMV
20 Aug, 2010, GhostInAProgram wrote in the 25th comment:
David Haley said:

Yes. It is very likely, in fact almost guaranteed, that your router will assign different internal IP addresses unless you do MAC address reservations. Every network card has a so-called MAC address (sometimes known as a hardware address); you need to identify your server's MAC address ('ipconfig /all' will do it) and then, in your router, assign a specific 192.168.1.xyz address to that desktop. Then, reboot your desktop, and make sure that you got the internal IP address that you assigned.

Guess what guys… That was it! :p

It changed from 104 to 101.

Thanks David and everyone else that helped me.
20 Aug, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 26th comment:
Make sure you assign a reserved internal IP address, otherwise you will get the same problem the next time your router is restarted. (Usually routers are pretty good about assigning the same IP address to a given MAC address during the router's uptime, but restarting it makes it forget.)
20.0/26