01 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Errmm…is there really no one but me on this website that runs a CircleMUD?
01 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
It's entirely possible. Most of the folks here appear to be running either a Merc derivative or something custom. The closes I ever came to having anything to do with a CircleMUD was on Crystal Shard when the coders decided to blend some Circle stuff in with the Sillymud code.

BTW, if you have some stuff for Circle, we're still more than happy to have it in the repository. Pretty much all of our Circle stuff came from ftp.game.org when we seeded the repository.
02 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
I hosted someone for a little while who was using Circle, does that count as close enough for ya', Fizban? :biggrin:
02 Feb, 2007, Omega wrote in the 4th comment:
samson, you should seek permission from circlemud.org to see if you can replicate their archives of all the circle distributions/snippets here.
02 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
That does sound like a pretty good way to dramtically increase the size of our repository.. almost as good as importing the whole lot from game.org.
02 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
If I were to sit down ad sort through all the crap I've got littered all over the place, I could probably find a couple circle bases and a few derivs. But that's assuming I find the time and patience to sort through the 83 complete bases I have, make sure they're all compilable, and all that other BS.
03 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
I hear you, Kayle.. I haven't collected nearly that many codebases, but I've managed to assemble a pretty remarkable collection of snippets sitting on my hard drive. :lol:
03 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 8th comment:
Most of mine are on a CD somewhere. I've only got maybe 10 on the actual hard drive. So I guess it'd require me to find that CD at some point to. :tongue:
03 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 9th comment:
I thought I was bad…I have (counting backups) 9 codebases floating around on my hard drive.
03 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 10th comment:
Then again, I can see why more people use the other codebases, I probably would as well if I was able to somehow get DG Scripts to work on another codebase…progs are just much more cumbersome and nowhere near as flexible.
03 Feb, 2007, Davion wrote in the 11th comment:
IIRC there's a document out there on how to add DG Scripts to a ROM codebase. But I totally can't remember where I saw it. I'll google around and see if I can't come up with anything.
03 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 12th comment:
There's a snippet here on MudBytes for a scriting system for Smaug. I haven't played with it, or even looked at it yet, so I couldn't tell you if it's anything like DG Scripting, but it's there. And may be worth checking out.
04 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 13th comment:
Hmm, I'll look into it.
04 Feb, 2007, Omega wrote in the 14th comment:
Lyonnese, is a circle/rom mix mud, i believe anyways, think i got the name right, have it sitting around somewhere, but, yeah, circle/rom mix, complete with dg-scripts.

as for how to get dg scripts into a rom, its easy, take the time todo the research into what the different flags and pointers are, and change them to the appropriate ones inwhich rom has. as for the editors themselves, that is entirely up to you, as they are embedded into the oasis system lasttime i checked, so you'd proboly have to rewrite the editing commands to fit in with your rom olc.
04 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 15th comment:
Darien said:
Lyonnese, is a circle/rom mix mud, i believe anyways, think i got the name right, have it sitting around somewhere, but, yeah, circle/rom mix, complete with dg-scripts.

Just looked at it, appears to be circle/smaug actually, not fond of smaug's OLC at all, but I can take a look at it to see which OLC system it has in it, or if it has its own hybred OLC system.
04 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 16th comment:
Samson released an OasisOLC Port for Smaug, and you can easily install it to replace the smaug command line OLC.
06 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
I didn't release it, I just submitted it here. Just because it has someone's name as the submitter doesn't mean they wrote it :P
06 Feb, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 18th comment:
Bleh. Released/submitted, same difference when referring to everyone's favorite green scaly reptilian emperor. :P
08 Feb, 2007, Justice wrote in the 19th comment:
If scripting is the major thing holding you to circle, you might also want to look into an embedded scripting language. I've been able to embed javascript into SMAUG pretty easily. Been planning on embedding python as well. (I'm much more familiar with js) I'm sure there are plenty of other embeddable languages as well.
08 Feb, 2007, Davion wrote in the 20th comment:
Been planning on embedding python as well.

I found the C api for python to be overly complicated. I've been waiting a better part of a year for Boost to move forward in their python api. I wonder how much longer I'll have to wait :P.

Embedding Javascript sounds like a really good idea though. Any links you can provide for doing such a thing?
0.0/27