10 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I download this mud from http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=file... Its the FFT code after I had download to my pc and than upload and tgz and unzipped to my shell. There seem to be a problem it want boot up and I dont know why this what I get when I read it.

#!/bin/csh

set binpath = /home/damien/FFTacticsMUD/bin
set port = 1987

cd $binpath

if ( -e shutdown.txt ) rm -f shutdown.txt

while(1)
set index = 1000
while(1)
set logfile = ../log/$index.log
if( ! -e $logfile ) break
@ index++
end

./FFTacticsMUD_exe $port >&! $logfile

if ( -e shutdown.txt ) then
rm -f shutdown.txt
exit 0
endif
sleep 5
end

I have all ready moved file into bin I don't know what line 1 and 6 mean. Than I go to my makefile which I guess my friend told me the compile was. I got to SRC than go to makefile I get this
CC      = c++
PROF = -g# -O
C_FLAGS = -Wall $(PROF)
L_FLAGS = -I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql $(PROF)
LIBS = -lm -lmysqlclient -lz -lpthread

FILES = admin.o area.o battle.o ch.o commands.o desc.o group.o ignore.o jobs.o main.o map.o misc.o move.o obj.o room.o shop.o skills.o socials.o startup.o status.o string.o update.o weather.o

all: FFTacticsMUD_exe

FFTacticsMUD_exe: $(FILES)
rm -f FFTacticsMUD_exe
$(CC) $(L_FLAGS) -o FFTacticsMUD_exe $(FILES) $(LIBS)

.cpp.o: main.h
$(CC) -c $(C_FLAGS) $<

clean:
rm -f $(FILES) FFTacticsMUD_exe

I don't know if that help or not.
10 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
What does it say when you boot it up? Surely it doesn't scream the startup script at you
10 Jul, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
This is a shell script. Line 1 tells your shell what script interpreter to use to execute it (in this case, /bin/csh). Line 6 changes your current directory to the contents of $binpath, which is set on line 3.

You'll have to provide some kind of error output, since we can't guess what it isn't doing right from just looking at it. Well, I can guess that you didn't change $binpath to point to wherever YOU have things installed, but that is only a guess.
10 Jul, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
set binpath = /home/damien/FFTacticsMUD/bin

This doesn't look like a good public release…
10 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 5th comment:
So just scrap this code?
0.0/5