02 Mar, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Well, we already know BACON is the answer….

So, now let's argue about what the second best cooking ingredient is?

Anyone else use COCK SAUCE?
Yes, I could have called it by a less colourful name, but then you wouldn't have followed the link… *grin*
02 Mar, 2009, Dean wrote in the 2nd comment:
I like to use chinese herbs when I cook, especially when the meat is chicken.
02 Mar, 2009, The_Fury wrote in the 3rd comment:
Chili, Chili and when your stuck for something to add, more Chili. Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric, Star Anise, Cloves, Black Mustard, Garam Marsala and of course that special favorite of the ladies, Cock Sauce for when you love life needs spicing up. Oh and yes i listed the herbs and spices used in curry.
02 Mar, 2009, Dean wrote in the 4th comment:
The_Fury said:
Chili, Chili and when your stuck for something to add, more Chili. Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric, Star Anise, Cloves, Black Mustard, Garam Marsala and of course that special favorite of the ladies, Cock Sauce for when you love life needs spicing up. Oh and yes i listed the herbs and spices used in curry.

I think you forgot Chilli, The_Fury. :lol:
02 Mar, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 5th comment:
Bacon?!? I beg to differ…

There is no more sublime reward for salacious, salivating taste buds than CHOCOLATE!
02 Mar, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 6th comment:
Newbs. Real men cook with rum, wine, brandy, beer, cider*, whiskey, vodka, gin, tequila, etc.

* proper cider, not that post-Prohibition syrup-juice bullcrap that Americans call cider.
02 Mar, 2009, Mabus wrote in the 7th comment:
Sandi said:
Bacon?!? I beg to differ…

There is no more sublime reward for salacious, salivating taste buds than CHOCOLATE!

Is there chocolate covered bacon?
02 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Actually, there is such a thing… never had any myself, though.
02 Mar, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 9th comment:
02 Mar, 2009, Detah wrote in the 10th comment:
Basil, green pepper, and/or vidalia onions.
02 Mar, 2009, Davion wrote in the 11th comment:
I cook with phone numbers :D
03 Mar, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 12th comment:
Baconnaise.
04 Mar, 2009, Crystal wrote in the 13th comment:
Old Bay, course you won't find it in most place except around the state known for the best steamed crabs, which happens to be my home state.
04 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 14th comment:
Crystal said:
Old Bay, course you won't find it in most place except around the state known for the best steamed crabs, which happens to be my home state.

Sure you will, I see it here lots of places and suffice it to say Michigan is not known for its steamed crabs.
04 Mar, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 15th comment:
Fizban said:
Michigan is not known for its steamed crabs.

Quite true. I think our state is best known for exporting large numbers of unemployed people.

(I am only bitter since I'm paying 7% of all my income to fund their stupid unemployment checks.)
04 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 16th comment:
A little known fact is that once you reach a certain income level in the US (something above $70k but I don't remember what exactly), your total taxes come out to be the same as if not more than what you'd pay in France. It's worth thinking about, especially when you compare what you get for your taxes in the two countries. (The health care alone is worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year in insurance premiums, for example.)
04 Mar, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 17th comment:
elanthis said:
Fizban said:
Michigan is not known for its steamed crabs.

Quite true. I think our state is best known for exporting large numbers of unemployed people.

(I am only bitter since I'm paying 7% of all my income to fund their stupid unemployment checks.)

HEY! I'm not collecting your 7%…. I dropped off the unemployment system months ago, so according to the way the US reports employment statistics, I'm also no longer unemployed. D'oh!
04 Mar, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 18th comment:
What about all the people who are unemployed, but don't qualify for unemployment?

Also: Crif dogs!
0.0/18