19 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
But nothing is happening.
19 Jan, 2009, ghasatta wrote in the 2nd comment:
We're all here! Takes a few seconds. Also make sure your client is set for mud style line endings (instead of mush style).
19 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 3rd comment:
I have host as: Shadowlord.org port: 2000, I'm using CMUD which connects to just about anything fine.
19 Jan, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 4th comment:
Hmmm, well, it's not a firewall issue on my end… I believe I saw your IP address attempt to connect, at least at the socket layer, but nothing beyond that.

Interesting.
19 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 5th comment:
Not sure what I should be doing.
19 Jan, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 6th comment:
Unfortunately, I can't tell what the problem is from this end. I'm not even 100% sure it was you trying to connect, but I did see a socket connect from at IP address in the hartwick.edu domain, and that socket never got past the connect stage. If my firwall had blocked you (has been known to happen), it would have just dropped the packets before they got in to the mud and I wouldn't have even seen the attempt.

Do you get ANY output on your end at all?
19 Jan, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
Try different clients. You're saying it hangs?
19 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 8th comment:
quixadhal said:
Unfortunately, I can't tell what the problem is from this end. I'm not even 100% sure it was you trying to connect, but I did see a socket connect from at IP address in the hartwick.edu domain, and that socket never got past the connect stage. If my firwall had blocked you (has been known to happen), it would have just dropped the packets before they got in to the mud and I wouldn't have even seen the attempt.

Do you get ANY output on your end at all?

Well, I am at Hartwick college and my domain would be from the hartwick.edu domain. So, I'd say it's highly likely that was me :)

I don't get any "output" per se, but it does "connect". If it strictly didn't connect, then CMUD would ask me to try another ip address, etc…

Zeno said:
Try different clients. You're saying it hangs?

To answer both at once, it appears to "connect" but goes no further than that. It never acts like it is disconnected or trying to reconnect, it simple sits at the connected state with no output coming from the actual host other than whatever is needed to keep the connection alive.
19 Jan, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 9th comment:
Could be an issue in the MUD code, something like this happened: http://zeno.biyg.org/index.php?a=topic&a...
19 Jan, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 10th comment:
Hmmm, well, if it is something odd in the ROM code base, you could try connecting to the same host, port 3000 – which is my ancient Diku. It pre-dates ROM, so if it's a code issue that one should work. If it's a firewall issue (on either end), it should fail on that one too.
19 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 11th comment:
Should they both be up right now?
20 Jan, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 12th comment:
BleaS said:

Yep, I'm sitting idle in both of them at the moment. It's 9pm EST, on 1/19/2009.
20 Jan, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
I had to look at the forum section to figure out what this was all about… :wink:
20 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 14th comment:
quixadhal said:
BleaS said:

Yep, I'm sitting idle in both of them at the moment. It's 9pm EST, on 1/19/2009.

Bah, well I missed that moment. :/
0.0/14