07 Jun, 2008, Magus wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
That's where they are (etc/players). But the odd thing about that is that I tried to put the executable in the bin folder and it kept on acting like my ex girlfriend (wanted to be difficult).

It's too hot to do much of anything today. New Jersey is a terrible place to live next to iraq.
17 Jun, 2008, Elervan wrote in the 62nd comment:
There are various issues with EmpireMUD that were never fixed because there is actually 3 different versions floating around that, at one point, were downloadable. The version most people find now (either on here, or my upload on mudmagic.com) is version 1.0. There was another version released long ago, which I have somewhere and will try to find, that is more stable and more complete. Given it has other things as well like races, more build structure types, and various mining abilities. Along with given the completion of more player abilities.

As for using a cleaner codebase and incorporating empiremud into it? circle3.1 would probably be your best bet. OasisOLC would need a lot of work to incorporate the building style used for EmpireMUD. But in general you will need to strip down circle3.1 to a core mud. Then piece by piece incorporate the empiremud features into it. Its pretty much all setup to do that, the only difference is 3.1 was cleaned up a little and some if not all prototypes are not used in the same manner anymore, so it will take some adjusting.

I've actually brought up EmpireMUD before on the forums for cwg.lazuras.org maybe getting a couple replies. In all sense it may take a few circlemud veriation coders to get together and see if they can't possibly clean up the code and release a cleaner version of it. I'd be willing to participate if needed as I have worked with it before.
08 Aug, 2008, Magus wrote in the 63rd comment:
Well guys! Some good news. I have two original imms from the old EmpireMUD staffing with me. Teddy and Atticus are back and the code is being worked on. I'm so glad that everything seems to be working out and we've got quite a small but better than zero playerbase of people.

If anyone's interested in coming and taking a look around, please feel free! There's plenty of room for everyone :)
29 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 64th comment:
I know this is a dead thread, but I'm really quite curious if you've made any progress.
04 Jan, 2009, absinthewolf wrote in the 65th comment:
Zenn said:
I know this is a dead thread, but I'm really quite curious if you've made any progress.

Me too!
60.0/65