We are a MUD running on a heavily modified version of the CoffeeMUD codebase. We started out as a Traditional Games MUD, but that sort of lost its direction, and tgmud itself is sort of a mishmash. In a good way, though. We have:
- 5700+ rooms.
- 33 playable races (so far!).
- 45 player classes.
- Magical abilities and items of all sorts.
- Martial & mundane classes that aren't helpless against magic.
- A constantly building MUD. New places, abilities and code changes every week.
- A friendly and welcoming community.
- A very roleplay-friendly environment.
- Player-foundable clans and a multitude of (mostly imported) places to conquer and control.
- Player-ownable houses, and skills that allow them to decorate, furnish and edit their homes.
- ANSI colors and MXP support.
- Dynamic, mostly player-controlled plot.
New characters find themselves in the Hub, an apparent interdimensional net. The Hub is a small community built atop a semistable portal network. There are several somewhat consistent portals, but smaller, less significant portals open and close daily - abducting people from their rightful dimensions and often closing behind them, forcing them to abandon their old life and join the interesting social structure that has evolved from the complete anarchy of the Hub. Clans have risen and fallen, attempts to seize power have failed, people have died, and yet, life goes on.