Elvenblade is a MUD in active development. It is NOT in a production state. It is currently in an OPEN BETA phase. Vernian is a world ravaged by cataclysm, fraying at the edges and worn threadbare from a century of conflict between magic and technology. Do you have what it takes to survive outside the safe havens of the cities or the citadel of Kaldun? Whether you fancy yourself an explorer of the far reaches, a warrior armsmaster, a weaver of potent spells, or a crafter of fine works, you can find your way in the world. The land has need for a champion, to lead it out of the darkness. Will you strike down the magic-wielders of the accursed First Immortal or will you weave that very magic to strike down your foes and smite their ruin across the land? The choice is yours.
Elvenblade features an atmosphere beyond any other mud, something we take a great deal of pride in and continue to work towards. Features that set Elvenblade apart include:
- A classless learning system wherein players can learn from a pool of common skill sets and also learn a certain number of more exclusive skill sets.
- An intensive NPC scheduling system that simulates NPCs living out their little digital lives, with over fourty unique schedule actions that these NPCs take, not to mention the custom code present in some NPCs.
- Dynamic descriptions that change with the time of day, weather, etc.
- Several races to choose from that instead of being copies of each other with different stats, all have unique, exclusive racial skillsets, their own cultures, and more.
- Support for many TELOPT features, including MCCP, MSP, MDSP, MSSP, and MXP, to enrich your mud experience with compressed data transition, sound, and extended options not supported in normal MUDs.
- ALPHA (still in development) support for screen readers for blind or vision-impaired individuals.