|This article displays in: Information|
Open Source Mud Servers
The following mud servers meet the requirements of OSI's Open Source Definition.
I've linked to local copies although they may be found elsewhere including more recent versions.
* AberMud - GPL
* TinyMud - BSD-style license
* TeenyMud - BSD-style license
* SocketMud - Public Domain. SocketMUD is a bareboned mud codebase; it is written in C by Brian Graversen, and will compile and run under GNU/Linux with kernel 2.2.x or better.
* DevMud - Public Domain
C drivers that implement a Mud Programming Language
* SMUG (Tiny) - BSD-style license
* LambdaMOO (MOO)
* CoolMud (COOL) - GPL
* Genesis/ColdC (ColdC) - BSD-style license http://www.cold.org
* NakedMud (Python embedded)
* TinyMuck - Artistic license
* DaemonMuck - Artistic license
* Fuzzball Muck - Artistic license. Fuzzball Muck is a networked multi-user MUD chat server. It is user-extensible, and newer versions (6.x) support advanced features such as GUI dialogs, through close client-server cooperation with Trebuchet or other clients that support MCP-GUI. See - http://www.belfry.com/fuzzball/
* TinyMage - Artistic license
Forth and Lisp
* TinyMush - Artistic license
* Muse - Artistic license
* PennMush - Artistic license
* AlloyMush - Artistic license
* TinyMux - Artistic license
* DGD - AGPL
* Aetas (Ruby embedded) - Public Domain
* Deus - Public Domain
* AweMud - BSD-style license
* BoBW GPL
* PlainText - GPL
* Anarres (LPC)
* Evennia - BSD 3-Clause
* TeensyMud See - http://teensymud.kicks-ass.org
* Muding - Rails based mud.
* MUES - MUES -- The engine for FaerieMUD.
* NUDE is Networked User Dungeon Environment, and is a bit like a MUD.
* chucho mud
Powered by QSF Portal © 2006-2009 The QSF Portal Development Team
Based on Quicksilver Forums © 2005-2006 The Quicksilver Forums Development Team
Based on MercuryBoard © 2001-2005 The Mercury Development Team
MudBytes skin © 2006-2007 by The MudBytes Team
Apr 23, 2014, 10:25 am