31 Oct, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
31 Oct, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
I was kind of disappointed when I went to google.com/brains and got a 404. :sad:
31 Oct, 2008, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
DavidHaley said:
I was kind of disappointed when I went to google.com/brains and got a 404. :sad:

Perhaps you were identified as a zombie? Maybe google follows Samson's blog too… :tongue: :wink: :lol:
31 Oct, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
Somehow, I'd be just a little surprised if that's how Google classification of political beliefs worked… :tongue:
31 Oct, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
It could have been worse… had they identified you as a zombie, you'd have gotten a 403 error. :evil:
01 Nov, 2008, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Somehow, I'd be just a little surprised if that's how Google classification of political beliefs worked… :tongue:

Not quite. I'm sure he was referring to the post here: http://www.iguanadons.net/You-Mean-Like-...
01 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
I know – that is exactly what I was talking about. :wink:
01 Nov, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 8th comment:

ok so that link made absolutely no sense to me and the subsequent replies after it certainly don't seem to be related. can someone tell me what that link is supposed to be telling me so i can better understand the comparison of politics to it.
01 Nov, 2008, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
I guess Google was trying to be subtly funny for people who look at their robots.txt file?

The reference to politics was pretty loose. The post on my blog is a Youtube clip from The Ghost Breakers that's also being used as an intro slot on one of the local talk radio stations here in the LA area. But since clips speak for themselves:

01 Nov, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 10th comment:
yeah i went to your blog, i still don't see what that robots.txt thing is about though. apparently robots.txt is a frequently looked at file?? apparently i'm missing an important piece of information here. i kinda feel like an idiot for not getting the joke. of course now that i've asked for an explanation of the joke it totally takes away the funniness.
01 Nov, 2008, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
User-agent: zombies
Disallow: /brains

I guess it helps to have some understanding of what this means. The robots.txt file is used as a way to tell user agents ( browsers, bots, etc ) what they can and can't look at on your site. Google is injecting humor into theirs by telling "zombies" that they're not allowed to view the "/brains" folder. Or, more simply put, no zombies are allowed to look for brains here.

Which of course then led to Conner's even less obvious reference to zombies and my blog, and David referring to politics. It was all pretty thinly spliced together :)
01 Nov, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 12th comment:
ah now i get it, thanks for the clarification. and now that i understand robots.txt conners reference even makes sense. glad i could learn yet another useless piece of information today. thank you.
01 Nov, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 13th comment:
lol, was awesome. Thanks for the link. :)
02 Nov, 2008, Conner wrote in the 14th comment:
Sorry Igabod, I guess my reference was pretty obscure because it was mostly an inside joke (primarily for personal amusement) that I knew would be immediately understood by David and Samson and a few others. David is one of those who's argued with us in the past on more than a few occasions at Samson's blog, and he's proclaimed himself Democratic, so when he said that he tried to look for brains at Google.com and found none, I decided to play with the obvious (to those who understand web site hosting file data like a robots.txt file) joke that Google.com had determined he was a zombie and then linked it to the clip Samson shared as proof that Google.com was right. It amused me, thus, purpose served. :wink: On the other hand, you did mention that my comment made sense to you once Samson explained it, so thank you for getting my joke. :smile:
06 Nov, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 15th comment:
06 Nov, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 16th comment:
Rofl. That video was awesome. XD
06 Nov, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 17th comment:
Rofl. That video was awesome. XD

They totally nail the journalistic style so popular these days.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
06 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 18th comment:
I think the parody of the news is quite a bit funnier than the parody of the supporters, which is saying something because the latter was pretty funny.

Oh, and I liked the little bit after the video: "Dow Jones plunges on news of Dow Jones plunge"
06 Nov, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 19th comment:
Well, what else could you expect? I always have to go and pee before watching and/or reading The Onion.
06 Nov, 2008, Mabus wrote in the 20th comment:
0.0/27