02 Nov, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I don't believe Tyche has done anything in this thread that should be classified as trolling.

I read through his posts

Did you see what I quoted? It wasn't his posts.
02 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 22nd comment:
Chris_Bailey said:
While I doubt many people actually agree with the points that Scandum was attempting to make it doesn't mean that he shouldn't have been allowed to make them.

For what it's worth, I disagree here. There is a time and place for expressing views; MUD forums are not really the place to express certain views. Free speech is one thing, but I think it's fairly safe that nobody needs or wants the forum to be a sounding board for what I believe you can safely construe as somewhat extreme views. And also for whatever it's worth, there is a difference between antagonism and content; IMHO some views should (and almost must) be met with the most direct confrontation possible. Again, nobody really wants or needs that to happen on this MUD community forum.

All that said, I see no reason to go back to all of this and try to evaluate who scored how much. If Scandum wants to be untrolled, he can talk to the admins and with them come to whatever agreement they deem appropriate. I don't think that anything else is really necessary at this point.
02 Nov, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 23rd comment:
The_Fury said:
While i agree with you entirely that Tyche has conducted himself fairly in how he has presented his arguments, my only concern is why bring this up now, when 3 months ago we went through all these very matters and settled them all with the exception of Scandium, whome like Cratylus and myself could have approached Mudbytes and offered to to let bygones be bygones. Sometimes its not about who is right, but about doing what is right. IMO these matters should have been brought up back then and i can see no obvious reason to bring them up again now.

I think they are being brought up now because he was asked multiple times to explain why he disliked Mudbytes, what exactly happened and who it involved. Instead of bad-mouthing Mudbytes over on TMC, the thread was redirected over here. (That is my take on it at least) Hi fury! =)

Zeno said:
Did you see what I quoted? It wasn't his posts.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear with my post so I will break that section down for you.

Long story short, I just think Tyche is worth appeasing.
Me said:
I don't believe Tyche has done anything in this thread that should be classified as trolling. In my opinion he has done little more than bring attention to situation that might very need it and express his distaste for said situation.

After that little section there I moved on to Scandum.
Me said:
While I doubt many people actually agree with the points that Scandum was attempting to make it doesn't mean that he shouldn't have been allowed to make them. I read through his posts…..

That part was directed to the things that Scandum had previously said, and no longer directly involved Tyche. I know you quoted his Signature.

Long story short, I guess I just think Tyche is worth appeasing in this situation.
02 Nov, 2008, Davion wrote in the 24th comment:
The intent of the trolls group is to provide an alternative to banning. It's not meant to be a permaban. It seems though, that in this case it is effectively removing two developers from the site. I think the way in which we handle trolling people must now be changed. I liked Crat's idea to impose a duration for it. We'll come up with something. For now, Scandum is now untrolled.
03 Nov, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 25th comment:
I just gained an enormous amount of respect for you Davion. =)
03 Nov, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 26th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
I just gained an enormous amount of respect for you Davion. =)

We love you too Chriss. :) Hi ya LOL. its been a while.
03 Nov, 2008, Tyche wrote in the 27th comment:
Thank you Davion and the rest of the staff for reconsidering the policy.
05 Nov, 2008, Scandum wrote in the 28th comment:
I just got back home from celebrating Obama's victory, and how very sweet of you guys to have made the effort to get me untrolled. This totally makes my day!
05 Nov, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 29th comment:
The_Fury said:
Zeno said:
Tyche's sig said:

My god, will you stop trolling?

While i have not cared much for this thread, that image made me giggle.

Likewise, and funny how a few months ago I considered making a very, very similar image when I expected to be trolled or banned for arguing with Samson about stuff, before we got everything cleared up.

Also, I've always found Davion to be extremely reasonable, and despite how I feel about Scandum's comments in the previous thread in question, I am encouraged to see that the Admins will reconsider things like this and take action when deemed necessary.
08 Nov, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 30th comment:
lol
08 Nov, 2008, Runter wrote in the 31st comment:
*begins the trolling*

He should have been ip banned for trolling. Because we all know here that 1 IP represents only 1 person, guaranteed.

edit: It's a joke. (So I don't get banned or trolled. ;))
08 Nov, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 32nd comment:
Runter said:
*begins the trolling*

lol

shit, i am awesome
08 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 33rd comment:
Glad that you chilled out now that the non-argument has stopped. :rolleyes:
20.0/33