14 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
oh… yeah it would be nice if you could edit your own submissions…
14 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 22nd comment:
It would, but one assumes that a snippet prolly isn't going to change names unless it's a one time thing because of a typo like that one, right?
14 Jun, 2006, Davion wrote in the 23rd comment:
I haven't allowed the ability to change the name through updating because I don't believe an update constitutes changing the name. It also makes it a lot harder for people to keep track of what has been revised and what hasn't. You have the full ability to edit the description, so if you want to change the name for version number put it there, or in the actual name of the file.
14 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 24th comment:
That's true. I'll just have to PM one of you if I make this same mistake before it's approved. :P
14 Jun, 2006, Davion wrote in the 25th comment:
Category Moderators can do it too! *poke poke* Assuming that area has a moderator :)
14 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 26th comment:
Any reason you're poking me? =P
14 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 27th comment:
Maybe he is trying to hint at you to become a Mod? *chuckle*
14 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 28th comment:
Well, if so, the section I'd be most "fit" for would be Smaug. But Samson is/would be much better for that. I can't think of anything else I'm familiar with enough to be a mod for, although maybe SocketMud. *shrug*
14 Jun, 2006, Remcon wrote in the 29th comment:
Samson will definaly be over AFKMud, not sure if he will have the time to deal with Smaug too or not, but fairly sure he will respond on it sometime :), If he doesn't have the time you would stand as good a chance for Smaug as anyone else I would assume.
14 Jun, 2006, Davion wrote in the 30th comment:
Zeno said:
Well, if so, the section I'd be most "fit" for would be Smaug. But Samson is/would be much better for that. I can't think of anything else I'm familiar with enough to be a mod for, although maybe SocketMud. *shrug*

Samson's an admin, he's a moderator for -all- categories :). We admins got a lot on our plate to build this site and add in countless lines of code to get a nice stable base. Believe me, I'm sure Samson wouldn't appose you helping out ;) That goes for just about anyone. If your only excuse to not sign up as a moderator is cause "This admin is more suited to mod it" then I have removed you from that excuse :).
14 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 31st comment:
Well in that case, I have no problem with becoming a mod for Smaug or SocketMud. I'm not sure which I would prefer though. I think that there are plenty of good Smaug candidates, so maybe I'd prefer SocketMud. Ehh.
14 Jun, 2006, Davion wrote in the 32nd comment:
Zeno said:
Well in that case, I have no problem with becoming a mod for Smaug or SocketMud. I'm not sure which I would prefer though. I think that there are plenty of good Smaug candidates, so maybe I'd prefer SocketMud. Ehh.

When you decide, you know how to get a hold of us ;)
15 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 33rd comment:
I'm sure even we as admins have certain pet projects best suited to our control, but in general the moderator system is there so qualified people can help maintain sections of the repository.

As Davion said, we have alot going on between this site, our own projects, other things we help out with, and our real life jobs. As does pretty much everyone in the hobby.
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 34th comment:
Samson said:
As does pretty much everyone in the hobby.

Darn, guess that means none of us have time to take on moderation… I'd consider it, but I don't exactly think I've got either the time or the expertise to qualify either. *shrug*
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 35th comment:
Conner said:
Darn, guess that means none of us have time to take on moderation… I'd consider it, but I don't exactly think I've got either the time or the expertise to qualify either. *shrug*

I don't kow about the expertise… But I know you don't have the time… You don't have the time to get everything on your todo list done right now…
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 36th comment:
Don't remind me, that to do list may yet take years to clear.. and that's without taking into account all the things that get added to it all the time. *sigh*
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 37th comment:
Conner said:
Don't remind me, that to do list may yet take years to clear.. and that's without taking into account all the things that get added to it all the time. *sigh*

Sorry :sad:
15 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 38th comment:
Me too.
15 Jun, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 39th comment:
hehe and now I want a new command… Anyone willing to help? :lol:
20.0/39